Les Farragher

Estate agency / letting cleans
« on: April 11, 2012, 06:17:43 pm »
Hi all. New to the forums here. I've been window / carpet cleaning for years but am thinking about diversifying into house cleans for letting agencies. No idea how to come in price wise though. Any one got any advice or experiences on pricing and approaching the agencies themselves?  Thanks.

Londoner

Re: Estate agency / letting cleans
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:24:01 am »
I have found estate agents fickle and always want cash backhanders

Griffus

Re: Estate agency / letting cleans
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 10:04:03 pm »
Hi all. New to the forums here. I've been window / carpet cleaning for years but am thinking about diversifying into house cleans for letting agencies. No idea how to come in price wise though. Any one got any advice or experiences on pricing and approaching the agencies themselves?  Thanks.

They tend to take a percentage of your charge. This means you can either quote and add a percentage, or quote and take the hit.

EOT's vary so much that you are probably best offering two quotes, basic / spring clean or deep (Kim and Aggie) clean. They often want full clean, carpets, carpets spot cleaning, oven, hob and often list seperately, you then quote seperately and they say yes or no to all or part.

You'll usually have the chance to visit but this is time consuming and there's no guarantee. Best to find a happy medium and work from there. Speak with the agent dealing as they'll usually have paid a visit and should be able to give you a guide.