Viktor Petya

After Builders Cleaning price
« on: July 02, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »
Hi guys, I was just wondering how much do you charge per hour for a builders clean? We did a lot of builders cleans but we always charged per job not per hour. I got a phone call this morning from a construction company and they asked me how much do we charge per hour for 3 people, 8 hours per day for 7 days only. I told them £12 per hour with our materials. Do you think that this is a reasonable price? I have checked several websites and the other companies charge £15 per hour. After a while I was told that they found someone cheaper so I was wondering if £12 is too high? Any advise will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Neil Jones

Re: After Builders Cleaning price
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »
Don't undercut yourself. I personally think £12 would be the minimum. Seems a very price to me, I usually price the job though.

TN Cleaning Services Ltd

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:46:36 pm »
work out how much you would normally charge for a day and divide it by 24
3 people x 8 hour day = 24 hours
this will give you hourly rate you should charge.

Viktor Petya

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:44:37 am »
Thank you for the advice. I also think that £12 is he minimum. 3 people with CSCS cards paid under CIS scheme with our materials? You cant make much of a profit. I was just wondering generally why some people agree to work for less. Thank you anyway I feel better now:)

Neil Jones

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:28:21 pm »
Where are you based?