dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2018, 09:07:29 am »
getting colder next week lads.....

In Cheshire over the 10 years I've been using wfp, I've not been able to work because of low temps, in total it adds up to about 2 weeks.
I'm sticking to cold at the mo
If it's too cold to work I'll go to the Canaries

Obviously u were in the canaries during the snow and cold snap of 2010 then! Most of us didn't work for 3 weeks!😃
price higher/work harder!

jonny thompson

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2018, 09:11:23 am »
I’ve used hot for 6 years now and would never go back to cold, in my view I use hot because of comfort regarding use of the hose .is it worth £4500 then each to their own on that one

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2018, 09:16:00 am »
I had 10 barrels frozen solid in the back of my 14 year old kangoo!!🤣🤣🤣

jonboywalton75

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:55 am »
getting colder next week lads.....

In Cheshire over the 10 years I've been using wfp, I've not been able to work because of low temps, in total it adds up to about 2 weeks.
I'm sticking to cold at the mo
If it's too cold to work I'll go to the Canaries

Obviously u were in the canaries during the snow and cold snap of 2010 then! Most of us didn't work for 3 weeks!😃

I'm very resilient and I've lost about 6 or 7 full days to snow and ice in that 10 years
My jets have iced over 3 or 4 times but I just defrosted them and got on with it
I've never been to the Canaries in my life

jonboywalton75

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2018, 09:26:31 am »
Window cleaning has been my main source of income for the last 15 years so losing 3 solid weeks to bad weather is not on my radar at all

Slacky

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2018, 09:30:09 am »
I wasn’t spending enough money on expenses so I was paying it in income tax,I’d rather have new equipment when I need it rather than just pay it in tax.

Some people don't understand tax. You're one of them.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2018, 10:26:36 am »
Window cleaning has been my main source of income for the last 15 years so losing 3 solid weeks to bad weather is not on my radar at all

I just got fed up of winter determing when I can and can't work.  I like to get out early and winter put a stop to that due to most mornings being low temp.  I know there are only a 2 or 3 weeks where the temp stays below - 1 all day but its the many many frosty mornings between October and February that seems to stupidly stress me out.

So much easy now I have said goodbye to those stress days thanks to Grippa.  I no longer have to worry about it.  Worth every penny.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2018, 02:41:59 pm »
If warm good money and can’t offset anything against tax it’ll go down as income will it not or an I listening to the wrong advise then.

dazmond

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2018, 02:57:04 pm »
the truth is 100m hose is a nightmare in the winter months if your using a cold water set up,at least install an immersion for softer hoses if you cant afford/cant justify spending a few grand on a diesel heater.....

the coldest weather is usually between dec-march.....thats a long 4 months with cold water,also if you install an immersion you can be sure you wont wake up to a frozen system,its a miserable start to your day.......and more chance of you sacking the day off and suffering from low motivation in general.....

as for cheap gas shower heaters...from personal experience i wouldnt recommend them to anyone these days.....IMO its not worth the risk plus they are unreliable and break easily and its a faff changing gas bottles all the time...

if you ve just bought a new/nearly new van and plan to keep it for a long time and are earning well out of your cleaning business then i wouldnt hesitate to recommend a professionally installed diesel heater from grippatank or pure freedom...they really are a joy to use......

dazmond

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2018, 03:12:12 pm »
also the other day i had a commercial job to clean(ground floor trad only)....i simply filled my bucket up with piping hot pure water and my detergent of choice and im good to go...i also wash my hands before lunch with anti bacterial liquid soap and hot pure water if im not wearing gloves(and of course if i get cat/dog muck on my hose/hands ::)roll)...its great having hot water.....

the steam coming from your brush and the glass in the cold winter months looks great too and impresses the customers who notice.... ;D

P @ F

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »
What has happened with the inside of your head Daz , I reckon all that hot water has poached yer brain  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2018, 03:50:17 pm »
What has happened with the inside of your head Daz , I reckon all that hot water has poached yer brain  ;D

naw!.....its been like that for years rich! ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »
Lovely this morning with the old hot water pumping out the pole,I’ve missed my pole not looking like it’s on fire 🔥 😂

Dave Willis

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2018, 06:14:15 pm »
You’ll go blind!

NWH

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »
Getting colder this week I forgot what steaming hot microbore smelt like lol.

p1w1

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2018, 09:27:49 pm »
How much

Not cheap, but worth it. ☺️ Especially in the long run.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/hydroheat-9kw-hot-water-heater
Does it come with controllers or is that extra

dazmond

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »
How much

Not cheap, but worth it. ☺️ Especially in the long run.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/hydroheat-9kw-hot-water-heater
Does it come with controllers or is that extra

yes it comes with  the controllers but the batteries,smart split charge relay,portrait cabinet and fitting is extra...all together your looking at around £4,500(including £750 VAT)....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2018, 10:20:06 pm »
Getting colder this week I forgot what steaming hot microbore smelt like lol.
Keep your fetish to yourself😳

NWH

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2018, 09:00:29 am »
You’ll need to have there mains hookup and b+b chargers,with what I spent in the early part of the year + the heater it cost me around 5k.

combat1

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2018, 06:04:47 pm »
Grippa obviously the way to go. I’m saving up!
Anyone got an idea of the weekly or monthly running cost?