kempy

Re: Anyone tried this?
« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2014, 03:12:38 pm »
Fair do's Slap bash .
For me it works . As I work slightly quicker , windows shine more and no spotting issues.
But we all like different aspects of certain pieces of equipment etc .
That's why it's good to have variety of poles , vans etc

jarvy

« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2014, 05:44:05 pm »
I upped the dosage in my tank, around 10ml per 400l. Tried on my own house windows today. Strange at 1st, looks like the water has fairy in it, lots of suds looking stuff going down the glass. Dried fine though. I will see how my working day goes with it tomorrow. 
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Window Lickers

« Reply #562 on: December 14, 2014, 06:49:52 pm »
windows shine more and no spotting issues.

What were you doing wrong before?
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

LWC

« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »
You are only adding 1ml per 100 litres .
So weight gain is practically zero .

I would recommend you going to weigh bridge as it could possibly tip you over payload using Vision

ChumBucket

« Reply #564 on: December 14, 2014, 09:03:32 pm »
You are only adding 1ml per 100 litres .
So weight gain is practically zero .

I would recommend you going to weigh bridge as it could possibly tip you over payload using Vision

;D ;D ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:12 pm »
I used it today, when I filled my tank it was a bit disconcerting as the water foamed up a fair amount to begin with but as it diluted the water cleared.  The dispenser worked fine, but it's hard to believe that 8 small squirts of the solution could effect 800Ls so dramatically.

What I found was that the water wanted to stick to the windows much more so, so if the glass was hydrophilic (water attracting) it would take ages to fall down the glass.  It also bubbled up a lot on hydrophilic glass.  Hydrophobic glass rinsed slightly better than normal and didn't bubble as much.

The best thing I found was the improved cleaning ability, stuff like birds mess came off a lot faster than normal, I even found that it was removing some creeping Ivey marks off of a window frame that had been there for years.

Down side of the product is getting used to the bubbles, you could waste a lot of water rinsing unnecessarily, but once you get over leaving bubbles on the glass then you should be ok.

I don't think that this product is going to make you a lot faster if you are already doing a good job, maybe slightly, but things like birds mess do come off a lot quicker.  I have hot water which speeds me up a fair amount but with this chemical mess that I would normally soak and then come back to came off first time easily, only one stubborn seagull dropping that needed more attention.

I also like some others found that the chemical affected the dead end time of the pump.  I don't think it is that the water changes viscosity but rather that the water gets a slight ionic charge that makes it attracted to glass, but also attracted to the hose and hose reel as it is pumped through which in turn creates friction making the pump shut off sooner.  Just my theory but I think it's a good one.

All in all I think the benefits so far out weigh the negatives especially considering that it's gonna cost well under a £1 per day even if you have a 1000L tank.

Simon.

duncan h

« Reply #566 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »
Good honest review. Was hoping it would make hydrophobic glass better to rinse. I don't have any qualms with hydrophilic glass at all

jk999

« Reply #567 on: December 15, 2014, 08:09:20 pm »
I have used vision for a month now and not had any problems with my machine pure freedom trolly and I know another three guys that use these trollies used vision n no problem with machines . And me personally think it speeds up the work

kempy

« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2014, 08:32:22 pm »
Good review Simon . Remember you have only used Vision just one day . Honestly you will grow to like it even more .
8ml out of 250ml is a 30th
30th of £15 = 50p

Plus some days you may not add as there be residual in your tank .

The bubbles you will adjust to . It's like when doing Wfp for the first time we didn't like leaving windows wet.

« Reply #569 on: December 16, 2014, 06:49:59 am »
Hurrrrraaaaayyyyyy! An honest review!!! Thank you!

Where do I sign???

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #570 on: December 16, 2014, 09:20:36 am »

Where do I sign???

Hi Solar Steve

I have no experience cleaning solar panels. I have cleaned plenty of V-Lux windows and conservatory roofs though. From what I've seen the water on hydrophilic glass will drain slower as it sticks to the glass, so if your cleaning a solar panel at a shallow angle and the surface attracts water (hydrophilic) you won't be able to rely on gravity to aid draining, you will need to pull the water off the panel. If this isn't an issue then I'd say the added benefits of cleaning power would really benefit solar panel cleaning.

I was waiting for phone call last night after I'd left bubbles on so many windows but only the usual text messages of thanks and payments.

Simon.

SeanK

« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

Where do I sign???

Have to agree, its a Christmas miracle.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #572 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26:38 pm »
Yesterday and today has seen me clean houses that i have previously cleaned with a vision mix.

I have to say considering all this "stormy" weather we have had, they look great.

Did a new customer today and it made the job so much easier.

Dave Willis

« Reply #573 on: January 20, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »
How much is it per litre?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #574 on: January 20, 2015, 06:36:45 pm »
How much is it per litre?

£60 inc postage i would say.

enough for me to do over 100,000 Liters of pure.

Lee GLS

« Reply #575 on: January 20, 2015, 06:41:05 pm »
I read on another forum that one of the guys who is the supplier of Vision has had to change the brush he is using because of how dirty the windows are due to the storms. Surly if vision was that good it would cut through the extra dirt and there would be no need to swap brushes  ???

Bungle

« Reply #576 on: January 20, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »
I've not put any in my tank for a week. Not seen any benefits. I was expecting all glass to sheet and it ain't happening.
We look at them, they look through them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #577 on: January 20, 2015, 06:57:17 pm »
I read on another forum that one of the guys who is the supplier of Vision has had to change the brush he is using because of how dirty the windows are due to the storms. Surly if vision was that good it would cut through the extra dirt and there would be no need to swap brushes  ???

That's me lee.  :)

It's a personal preferance of mine to go back to a flocked brush with the amount of dirt that I personally have. In my area we had two weeks if gales and storms, and I find that flocked cleans better than mono in this instance.

This is an additive that is to enhance WFP. Not do all the work for you.

I could lie and say that vision is a miracle mix that takes the work out of window cleaning, but I'm not going to do that.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Window Lickers

« Reply #578 on: January 20, 2015, 06:58:34 pm »
only the usual text messages of thanks

Oh we get 50 or 60 of those every day.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Bungle

« Reply #579 on: January 20, 2015, 07:10:51 pm »
only the usual text messages of thanks

Oh we get 50 or 60 of those every day.

;D can't remember ever getting a thank you text. He must be offering extras :D
We look at them, they look through them.