֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #400 on: December 01, 2018, 06:04:36 pm »
And NWH "hot-hot water" Tourettes! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2018, 06:07:18 pm »
If I’ve recirculated for 15-20 minutes and then fill a window cleaning bucket up with the water you would struggle to submerge your hand,I dipped my applicator cover it and tried ringing it out it almost scolded my hand.
This is what I’m trying to say the water is very very hot.

Mines the same....however once you start unreeling your hose the temperature goes down so on a really cold day with 100m out it's nowhere near as hot at the brush end as when it's coiled up on the reel so it's fine for glass on a freezing cold day on full heat setting.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2018, 06:11:06 pm »
Lol yeah hot if it wasn’t producing the kind of temperature I was wanting or expecting I would have contacted Oliver.
Even in the damp dank conditions we’ve had lately the windows are pretty much dry after most jobs just the odd spot left on hydrophobic glass,next to nothing on the water loving stuff. I love having hot water and soft hoses you can’t beat watching the reel of hose giving off steam like it’s on fire 🔥 when it’s comeback in the van all coiled back up 😂

« Reply #403 on: December 01, 2018, 06:51:21 pm »
Thanks Nigel

You showed me heat from your last one once, and that was extremely hot

Do you use a thermobore or standard microbore  or mini bore and did you request a different webasto heater for Oliver or  did you just have there standard one they sell

I use the frost stat probe to measure heat that’s provided  and it’s in cabinet. not up by hose reel, which is by Far the best place as Already stated as In the cabinet it doesn’t come on soon enough when very cold and this year my hose froze one night

I guessed a slight drop through hose so it’s not more than 35-37 at very best at brush end possibly less when out around property

This heater just isn’t performing correctly I feel

I’ll contact Oliver as this isn’t that hot so something still isn’t quiet right in its performance

Thanks for your help

Tony

davids3511

« Reply #404 on: December 01, 2018, 07:29:45 pm »
Ive just bought a 110amp battery from Halfords. Fitted it in the car-park, alongside (in line) the existing battery.

So, its a 5 minute drive back from Halfords to my place and Id say the temp was markedly improved on the circulating water by the time I got back here. I suspect the original battery therefore isn't holding its charge, so probs time to change that one and have two brand new 110 amp units.

yep thatll do it matt....you should be fine for a few years now....even if you do a lot of driving with a split charge relay you should still bench charge once a week just to keep the batteries topped up,i charge mine every night due to very little mileage during my working day....
Not with two Halfords batteries he won't. I changed mine last October for two 110 amh Halfords batteries. I needed to change them again this October. I went Newmax this time.

Splash & dash

« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2018, 07:44:35 pm »
Ive just bought a 110amp battery from Halfords. Fitted it in the car-park, alongside (in line) the existing battery.

So, its a 5 minute drive back from Halfords to my place and Id say the temp was markedly improved on the circulating water by the time I got back here. I suspect the original battery therefore isn't holding its charge, so probs time to change that one and have two brand new 110 amp units.

yep thatll do it matt....you should be fine for a few years now....even if you do a lot of driving with a split charge relay you should still bench charge once a week just to keep the batteries topped up,i charge mine every night due to very little mileage during my working day....
Not with two Halfords batteries he won't. I changed mine last October for two 110 amh Halfords batteries. I needed to change them again this October. I went Newmax this time.

Battery life is dependant on a number of things .
Charging them up with a decent charger not all battery chargers are the same
Don’t run the batteries to low or it can and will do permanent damage to them
When I started off I had one 110 v Halfords battery it lasted 4 years , I put this down to charging it with a decent charger as friends were changing batteries evey year ,

NWH

« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2018, 07:58:20 pm »
The frost stat can be put into the hose reel input it will still detect the cold in the van and it will come on when needed,I put mine there in the last heater so it not only worked as a frost stat but also gave me a correct reading on the controller.
I have a main hook up on mine which I think is essential with these that’s why I paid to have them install it earlier in the year,when I charge I know it’s doing it’s job I can look at the quality of the charge in the back of the van on the charging unit they installed.
Varitech say if they turn on they are working the heaters that is but I found this not to be so with my old heater,I found if I had better battery life it produced hotter water with loads of trial and error.

NWH

« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2018, 08:01:52 pm »
Before the mains hookup unit I must have purchased 10-12 leisure batteries over the years thinking it was the problem,expensive mistake there a lot of people selling these heaters that don’t know enough about them.
You can’t get a webasto engineer to come to you they will tell you to go to them the nearest 1 to us is Edenbridge.

Splash & dash

« Reply #408 on: December 01, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »
I have two 200 amp gell heavy duty batteries on mine weigh  a ton  but never have any issues with the boiler flattening them 😂😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #409 on: December 01, 2018, 08:12:05 pm »
That’s good but you shouldn’t need that size you just need 2 good quality leisure batteries that are being charged correctly inline,especially if you have a heater electric reel and pump drawing from them everyday.
When I was using cold only with a split charge unit I used to have I would never need to bench charge batteries at all,the heater will kill batteries if they are not charged correctly.

davids3511

« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2018, 08:15:22 pm »

When I started off I had one 110 v Halfords battery it lasted 4 years , I put this down to charging it with a decent charger as friends were changing batteries evey year ,
Yeah, if you're just running a window cleaning system they'll last years. I have 4 110amh in the garage that would be fine for a cold system but even two in parallel run out after about 6 hours running a hot system. Charged every night with a ctek m200. The Halfords batteries just don't like the workload and they are only rated for 80 charging cycles while the Numax is about 400 charging cycles.

NWH

« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2018, 08:17:56 pm »
With the GrippaTank setup I have I only have to plug into the mains every few weeks,I also have there split charge setup.

NWH

« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2018, 08:18:50 pm »
No removal of batteries I just plug into the side of the van for 10-12 hours when I do.

Splash & dash

« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »

Yeah, if you're just running a window cleaning system they'll last years. I have 4 110amh in the garage that would be fine for a cold system but even two in parallel run out after about 6 hours running a hot system. Charged every night with a ctek m200. The Halfords batteries just don't like the workload and they are only rated for 80 charging cycles while the Numax is about 400 charging cycles.

Well mine lasted 4 years charged evey night 5 days a week with the pump running 8 hours a day never had a problem that’s roughly 960 charges over 4 years on a 48 week working year I think

Dry Clean

« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:48 pm »

davids3511

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat
« Reply #415 on: December 01, 2018, 10:50:54 pm »

Well mine lasted 4 years charged evey night 5 days a week with the pump running 8 hours a day never had a problem that’s roughly 960 charges over 4 years on a 48 week working year I think
As I thought I had made clear, they are fine for window cleaning with cold. Add a Webasto and the higher daily drain and recharge kills them quicky. If your anecdotal experince is difference, knock yourself out and fill your boots. Me, I'll stick with Numax at the same price.

robert mitchell

« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2018, 10:52:00 pm »

Dont worry mate , you might be a bit slow ......but you will catch up eventually ;D
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Dry Clean

« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2018, 11:02:31 pm »

Dont worry mate , you might be a bit slow ......but you will catch up eventually ;D

Cant see it but coming on here helps with the illusion.lol

Splash & dash

« Reply #418 on: December 01, 2018, 11:07:52 pm »

Ime not talking about hot and cold Ime talking about charge cycles over  900 not 80

davids3511

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2018, 12:02:06 am »

Ime not talking about hot and cold Ime talking about charge cycles over  900 not 80
Thats fantastic for you but I found them to be less than satisfactory. Not sure what else I can say really. They are rated for 80 recharges, it's not something I've just made up. If you look through some posts Spruce made it's all explained in there.

Actually, it says it on the Halfords website, https://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure/caravan-motorhomes/electrical-power/halfords-leisure-battery-hlb681 under the specifications tab.