kesten

pricing
« on: December 07, 2004, 05:32:33 pm »
I deal with some letting agents in the business that I run at the moment & as some of you know i am hoping to move in to pressure washing once i find the right section of the market for my service. I have asked the LA's that I deal with about the cleaners they uses, cost, how much work ect. it would seem from the agents that i have asked that they employ a few ladys to do the easy cleans and pay per hour £6...on the very bad propertys they use a pro on set prices (her cleaners refused to enter last property it was that bad) pro cleaners set price for a one bed complete clean £165.......free standing cooker clean ,pick up keys, drop keys back £20. it looks to me like a lot of work for very little money. is this the norm???

martin19842

Re: pricing
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 08:45:03 pm »
hi there,

£165 for a one bed clean, from my experience that is a pretty good price,

do some maths, one employee in a van, should more than eat a one bed property, in fact i would expect them to be able to do two of them in a day.

infact ex rental propertyt cleans are about £150 for a 3 bed house, and again they should do a couple of these a day.

repo work is totally different, house clearances, and clean, 3 men for one day  and and invoice of over £400.00

there is a lot of work out there.

regards

martin

kesten

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 08:58:35 pm »
Hi Martin, The one bed clean  i have been informed lasted the hole day for one guy (boss) & 3 girls of which 2 were sick after the clean. the flat was bad. note to myself & every one out there use the word FROM in front of every price you put into print.....Guy that picked up the keys of the flat, cleaned the cooker & droped back the keys all for £20...what ever you do never try & compete with this guy as now when he trys to charge a fair price for his work the letting agent will think that now they are been over charged.....Martin yes there is lots of work out there but there is also a lot of people after it. Tips required on getting contracts for pressure cleaning work.....barry

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 11:12:13 pm »
hi there,

there are always tender notices in the back of cht,  or look at tendersdirect.co.uk  if i rememebr correctly you can search for free but then of you want the detailed info then you need to pay.

regards

martin

woodman

Re: pricing New
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 04:00:07 pm »
Hi Barry

It would be nice if when asking for help on the board from the likes of Martin, who has freely offered help to all who have asked, if you could just put put a please and thank you before and afterwards.

You might get more of a response ;)

I am not having a pop but common courtesy, like the advice Martin is giving, costs nothing.

kesten

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:37:56 pm »
First i must say thanks to Martin who has been a great help and second i must say sorry to Martin and all the other people who gave me informatin and advice. there is no excuse and as woodman points out it is just common courtest........guys & girls sorry I was not thinking.....I feel like a total ass hole and rightly so.    barry.