Done 'n' Dusted

Terms and Conditions Domestic Cleaning
« on: December 03, 2004, 04:20:47 pm »
I have recently sent one of my Clients and invoice (monthly in arrears) for 4 weeks cleans (one a week) which they haven't paid even tho I stipulated payment by return. Another clean has since been done and I am a little perturbed about this. Is it legal for me to stipulate on myTerms and Conditions that on receipt of the invoice the Client has to make payment by return otherwise if there are outstanding arrears by the time the next clean is due that clean won't take place????? I don't want to be sending my Cleaners (when I have some) to work knowing that I/they are not getting paid for that work........also anyone know where I would stand, once I have employees, with regards to holiday pay. Obviously if a cleaner takes a day off then the Clients isn't going to get a clean, and they aren't going to pay anything....do I still have to pay the cleaner?? I don't want to get any of this wrong as I coul be up the creek without a paddle legally!!
It ain't clean till it's Done 'n' Dusted!

CleanMe

Re: Terms and Conditions Domestic Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 06:02:22 pm »
Sorry to be a bit after the hore has bolted - if you email me on fiona@cleaner-times.co.uk i will send you a copy of my terms of business which I get clients to sign BEFORE we begin a contract.

Hope that can help for the future.

Fiona

martin19842

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 02:17:03 pm »
hi there,

you can put any terms you want in your ts and cs, as long as the client agrees them, then all is ok.

it might be worth putting in a clause, stating, that if payment is received by a certian date, then you will suspend the service, however the client will continue to be billed.

also you might want to issue invoices for december service, at the middle of december staing that payment is due by the end of the month of service.

regards

martin

Done 'n' Dusted

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:38:07 pm »
Thanx for that info Martin, most appreciated...........I only thank my lucky stars i put the old adage about reserving the right to amend the T and C as and when necessary at the bottom of my T and C.
It ain't clean till it's Done 'n' Dusted!