PremierPDS

Looking for someone to build me a website in flash!
« on: October 01, 2007, 04:44:54 pm »
Hi all

It's a bit of a long shot but I know there are web designers that look at the posts on this forum so I thought I'd take a chance and ask-  because apparently you don't get if you don't ask lol.

I've recently been let down by the guy that was suppsoed to building my website so I'm now looking for someone again to design me a website (preferably in flash). I'm actually a graphic designer so I'd provide all the images but I need someone who knows what they're doing to design the website and get it up and running with a fully functional shopping cart as soon as possible. I'm on a really tight budget so cost would be a big factor. If you think you can help, please email me and we'll discuss further.

Many thanks
Nickie x

Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

*Chris Browne

Re: Looking for someone to build me a website in flash!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 06:10:13 pm »
Many hosting companies come with fully functional cpanel addons including shopping carts  and databases, with free templates to get you going, as for flash, i would try to keep it down to a minimum as not all search engines like it..although  Google can now index the contents of flash....go on have a go!

Chris ;D

PremierPDS

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 08:06:50 pm »
Thanks guys, I can always rely on you good people for advice when I need it. I guess I need some advice concerning the search engines and their ability to understand flash content. I really like the look of the flash sites but maybe this isn't the best idea- I shall look into it.

As for dear old Jayson, I emailed him today as I seen his posts after doing a search. I haven't had a reply yet and it's a bit late to call him now (the poor guy has probably had all the harrassment he can take for one day) so I will call him tomorrow. Thanks Louisa, you're a diamond!

Nickie x
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:16:16 am »
Nickie,

My advice would be to not have a flash site!

They might look nice, but they always take longer to load etc... which can put users off.

A nice looking HTML site with good images would be much better!

Andy

PremierPDS

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 02:21:57 am »
Hi Andy

Yes, I think you're right about the flash site- I've spoken to a couple of people tonight about it so it'll have to just be the standard design I think- I'm sure Jayson's up to the job of making me something special that'll stand out from the crowd. Thanks for the advice Andy, I really appreciate it- the more opinions I can get on this the better.

Nickie x

margaret

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:53:27 am »
Hi www.flashmonkeywebdesign.co.uk

we have used them and they are great, they have sorted all for us and our website.
their names are:
Caroline and debra

Amanda & Margie

maxicleen

good luck

chosker

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:02:25 am »
Big point on flash also - it cannot be read by search engines. You could have the prettiest flash website but get no hits whatsoever as all google or yahoo will see is pretty much ''flash image''  This could mean that you are on page 100 on google whilst actually having a really informative website.

flash is good in small quantities but would never advise using more than a certain amount. It also distracts the readers eye and makes them less able to focus on whats being written. Thats just my opinion though!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:16:47 am »
Big point on flash also - it cannot be read by search engines. You could have the prettiest flash website but get no hits whatsoever as all google or yahoo will see is pretty much ''flash image''  This could mean that you are on page 100 on google whilst actually having a really informative website.

flash is good in small quantities but would never advise using more than a certain amount. It also distracts the readers eye and makes them less able to focus on whats being written. Thats just my opinion though!

See my post above, Google now has the ability to read flash, and the other search engines are to follow, the biggest problem is loading time, most people will go else where if a page hasnt loaded in around 15 seconds.

Chris

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 08:49:43 pm »
Hi all

It's a bit of a long shot but I know there are web designers that look at the posts on this forum so I thought I'd take a chance and ask-  because apparently you don't get if you don't ask lol.

I've recently been let down by the guy that was suppsoed to building my website so I'm now looking for someone again to design me a website (preferably in flash). I'm actually a graphic designer so I'd provide all the images but I need someone who knows what they're doing to design the website and get it up and running with a fully functional shopping cart as soon as possible. I'm on a really tight budget so cost would be a big factor. If you think you can help, please email me and we'll discuss further.

Many thanks
Nickie x

cough  ;D ;D ;D I am here if you need me for web design

Art

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 08:52:10 pm »
Hi all

Many thanks
Nickie x

You were a bit slow with this one Ian, i was expecting you to post quicker than that  ;D

Spotless UK

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:15:32 am »
My website was built by Claire Pearson she was a uni of Portsmouth graduate in Graphic design. ery good. View it on www.spotless.uk.com you can contact Claire on cpearson1985@hotmail.com.

dustdees

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 12:32:38 pm »
try Peter and Nicola Farrell on

www.doodleit.co.uk

Very good and Very quick turn around, Very cheap too.

£90 a year. they are VAT registered so that;s all you pay!!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 04:18:38 pm »
Have to admit dustees those prices are just incredible!

Chris

dustdees

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:49 pm »
Well there you go - new site being launched within the next couple of weeks - that's for a three page website.

Rip off in the South always do my business from North Wales, SO much cheaper!!

My account only costs me £30.00 a month and he does all my book keeping, end of year, P60's, etc. One Registered for VAT he will charge me £50 per month. Down here in Readind you would be looking at these double that.

Uniforms - Polos with Embrodery - £5.00 that's including the Vat.

Best of all - I get to go and see my Dad every quarter and the business pays for the petrol because the account is a mile away!! - BEAT THAT CHRIS!!!!

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 03:00:42 pm »
Take a look at www.rodesign.co.uk  They did my site for a very good price and then will host it annually for an equally cheap price.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 07:21:39 am »
Well there you go - new site being launched within the next couple of weeks - that's for a three page website.

Rip off in the South always do my business from North Wales, SO much cheaper!!

My account only costs me £30.00 a month and he does all my book keeping, end of year, P60's, etc. One Registered for VAT he will charge me £50 per month. Down here in Readind you would be looking at these double that.

uniforms - Polos with Embrodery - £5.00 that's including the Vat.

Best of all - I get to go and see my Dad every quarter and the business pays for the petrol because the account is a mile away!! - BEAT THAT CHRIS!!!!

Hi Dustees

Apart from the scsf totally free web pages, thats a fantastic price to pay fro a site, i shall definately recommend them. ;)

Chris

BDCS

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 10:05:52 am »
Hello, the missus and myself did our site www.bdcleaningservices.co.uk using contribute - sites that look good are not always search engine friendly and don't come high up the natural listings.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 01:06:35 am »
Hi all

Many thanks
Nickie x

You were a bit slow with this one Ian, i was expecting you to post quicker than that  ;D
just been looking at some of the sites on the psts so far, some are very nice some look bad, some need to shoot there webdesigner as they are unlikely to ever be found in a search engine, as they have missed basic html code, then again you pay what you pay, little some times means less, and if they dont know your busniess it could be like blowing in the the wind

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 01:49:04 pm »
Hi
I used www.slicedcreative.co.uk to build my site. They will be a site to your budget and will host it for you if you require that. They are nice guys who you can talk to and will listen to what you require and build a site you are happy with.

Karl

House Angels

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 09:29:06 pm »
Hi

I used doyourownsite.co.uk very easy and cheap

check mine out www.houseangels.me.uk did it all myself and if you put in keywords house cleaning or house cleaners on google we are at the top.

Dont take any notice of people who phone you up offering to get you to the top of the rankings you are throwing your money away.

Submit the site yourself using programmes such as IBP and you will do fine

Good luck

Terry ;)
Terry

Professional service at all times

dustdees

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 09:49:56 am »
Hi

Peter and Nicola at doodleit.co.uk are just coming to the end of doing my new site. They have some back ground work to do but better than Nephews - don't you think Chris?

Have a look at this and let me know your feedback

www.domestic-cleaning-reading.co.uk

*Chris Browne

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 08:01:35 pm »
I think its brilliant and a fantastic price! ;)

Chris