scrservices

Pricing on site office/Tolitet/kichenette
« on: October 22, 2004, 07:52:53 pm »
Hi there, I am a new company starting off in the sunny northwest. I have done market research but still finding it hard to quote a job, I have given a quote earlier this month but did not get a reponce back, i'm afraid of quoting to high. I have been ask by a friend of a friend could I quote him for a job based on a builders site, can any one give a rough idea on what I should quote for this job. There are 3, 20ft containers on site 1 container is toilets (2 sinks, 2 toilets, 2 urinals, lyno floor) no supplies basically all that is requested is clean suits and clean floors (very muddy). Another container is a kitchenette (1 sink, lyno floor, 2 tables, 1 worktop,) all that is reqested is clean floor, sink, tables, worktop. The last container is an office with (2 tables 4 filing cabinets, lyno floor) all that is requested is clean and polish desks, filing cabinets and clean floor. No floor sealents or supplies are needed there are no computers and there is only phone sanatizing requested on 2 phones.  Any help would be welcome

martin19842

Re: Pricing on site office/Tolitet/kichenette
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 08:39:24 am »
good morning,

you havent said anything abpout how often they want it cleaning,

and sites range from once a week to one site i know that is cleaned four times a week.

also health and safety issues need to be taken into considersation, you probably wouldnt be allowed to go on site without normal, steel toecaps, high viz hard hat etc.

we do these along with our build cleans, obviously we have seperate cleaning kits for build and sparkle.  qand because the site offices are muddy etc, you would want to use your build clean kit on there.

we chg at least £30.00 a visit for that sort of size.

regards

martin

scrservices

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:27:09 am »
Sorry Martin, They require a visit 5 times a week. THanks for the reply much appreciated.

Thanks Martin

Regards

Al

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 11:12:34 am »
ok,

i expect then that they would be looking to bring the cost per visit down.

probably nearer the £20 a visit, it all depends on the locality of the site to the labour source.

therefore 20 a visit would be 440 per calender month plus vat,  what you must factor in, is the CIS if youre not CIS 4 then you will be paid less 18%.

therefore a lot of companies will price a job, then add 18% onto the labour element so that they are not getting hit with the CIS prepay.

i hope that helps.

some people dont like this type of work, but believe me its keeping me a healthy chap.

regards

martin

sfpcleaningservice

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:09:18 pm »
if the work takes about 2 hours then 120 sounds about right.

but from what you described its nearer 1 1/2 hours so call it 20 pound per clean.

You will sometimes get the builders clean on the new unit  but dont count on it.

hey martin I thought that even with the cis4 you still pay 18%.

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 08:57:38 pm »
hi

might have got the cis number wrong CIS5 is deffinately gross payments, the other cis is all a foreign language.

regards

martin