maclock cleaning

help with courses??????
« on: October 17, 2004, 08:17:18 pm »
hi to all

can anyone help we have just started out, and are looking to do as many courses as possible. does any1 know if there are any courses in the newcastle area??? fire and floods, trauma, ducting courses........

thank you for any help

maclock cleaning     :D
Newcastle Upon Tyne..........

martin19842

Re: help with courses??????
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 08:52:10 pm »
hi there,

whilst you can learn at courses, i strongly believe that getting your hands dirty on the job is the best source of learning, along with talking to people already in the business.

ive been in contract cleaning for over 5 years on sales and have given all that up to go self employed, and we are running to sides, our build clean side and special projects.

whilst the learning curve can be steep we are making a profit and getting repeat business, so we must be doing something right.

regards

martin

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 09:13:25 pm »
Maclock

As a newbie been working in an office for X you are very ambitious and I like your tenacity my recommendation is contact BICS and learn how to clean and safely, I not saying that this is the bees knees but it a start!

What you are looking at is above the norm for a newbie and a lot more intense

FF side is more or less done by the franchise side of the business.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

maclock cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 09:35:37 pm »
hi len

thanks for replying, i know its going to be hard work but i want to learn as much as i can, i will have a look at what u said....len is there any tips u can give us as we are new to the business

maclock cleaning

maclock cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 09:39:31 pm »
hi martin

thanks for replying i know ur totally right abt learning on the job, but i still would like to go on course as i would hate to ruining say someones carpet just because i cleaned it the wrong way. so if you do know of any course i would like to hear abt them cheers

maclock cleaning

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 10:00:37 pm »
Maclock

Carpet cleaning is one thing ff is another though they are closely linked, check out the courses with iicrc to get any headway you will probably have to do the bdma?

Tip of the day wall cleaning start at the bottom.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)