heritage lee

help asap
« on: October 13, 2004, 07:22:38 pm »
I have been asked to do stairwell cleaning- once a week on 5 blocks of flats.  How do you price this up? would you price it up as ie. £10 per stairwell or per hour. 

lee

Fox

Re: help asap
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 07:40:25 am »
Hi Lee

I would look at this like any other job.  How long would it take to do it and how much will it cost (overheads etc) - add your margin and there you go.

Fox

sfpcleaningservice

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 07:55:24 pm »
hiya
I would price it per stairwell.
if you do it like this then the customer only considers the smallest amount, if you said 10 per stairwell the customer will think 10 thats not bad, but if you price the hourly rate times the amount of hours he sees a much larger costing and he might think 50 sounds a lot.

even though he will pay the same either way it helps to break it down so he sees the value side.

Fox

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 11:48:05 pm »
Problem with pricing per stairwell is that you have the chance of the client saying 'ok that sounds reasonable I'll have two stairwells done a week' whoops all of a sudden job not worth doing!

State in you quotation 'cleaning of x amount of stairwells once weekly' (or how ever many times) much more likely to get the whole job, alternately state a minimum charge.  I quoted for a twice a week office clean recently (not usually my type of thing but clean everyone else in the building and communal) the client said she only wanted once weekly - told her I had minimum charge for any cleaning so she wouldn't get it for half price for once a week but would save 1/5 of the bill - she went for it. 

Fox