crprofessional

Wood Floors in Pubs
« on: October 12, 2004, 05:14:31 pm »
We’ve recently began cleaning a large pub with a large wood floor area. With the huge amount of traffic, we just are not able to get the floor cleaned and polished properly without spending huge amounts of time on it. The owner recently had it professionally stripped and sealed by a guy who does gyms etc but within 5 days it was back to normal. Can any one recommend any products or methods before we go out of our minds!!  + can anyone recommend a lightweight floor polisher.

Don't want much do i!

Thanks
Contract Cleaners  East Lancashire

Len Gribble

Re: Wood Floors in Pubs
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 07:07:30 pm »
If it were my pub I would get back onto the person who done the job, if I was unhappy with the finish!

What I would recommend is you contact the Pro and ask what sealer he applied.

Regarding lightweight polisher Truvox Orbis is lighter than the Trophy, my preference the latter, have been using Cleanfix machine over the last couple of day very nice!

How are you cleaning the floor and what cleaning agent, are you using?

Any chance of you signing off with a name?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 07:22:15 pm »
The problem with busy pubs is that you have to spend a lot of time maintaining them due to the abuse they get.

You say that it has been 'stripped and sealed' but I suspect that actually means it's been 'scrubbed and polished'. If they've just put down a dry-bright emulsion polish it may not be surprising that it's only lasted a week.

How often do you clean there? Do they mop the floors on a daily basis or do you? What products have been / are used?

You say that you'd like a lightweight polisher but the heavier a polisher is the better job it will do. The increased pad pressure and heat hardens off the polish and will last longer - I wouldn't rush into buying a 'lightweight' polisher until you've looked into it a bit more.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 09:55:39 pm »
Mike

I can see it now be it dolly (socket) mop or Kentucky 1” of water never changed to do the lot, then they buff.

Have to agree scudded and polished, not sanded back.

At the end of the Day we are guessing, as we don’t have the full facts.

Could go on but what’s the point ???

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

crprofessional

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:23 pm »
Many Thanks for replying.

We have just recently taken on the job so only have the owner’s word for what happened previously. At the moment we are following his procedures of mopping every day, he says he uses “mop & shine” monthly and buffs whenever they have time. We’ve used various products, hard surface cleaners but its obvious we not doing the wood any good, as soon as you walk in the place you are stuck to the floor and the amount of dirt we actually remove is astounding but we just don’t seem to be getting anywhere. We’ve even now put an extra person in just into work on the floor.

The reason I was looking for a lightweight polisher as I thought it might be easier for the staff to physically handle, but I’m willing to listen to any advice.

Thanks again

Mark
Contract Cleaners  East Lancashire

adl

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 12:20:18 am »
Mark

we are also from lancs if you want me to come and give you some free advice then let me know, we do a lot of pubs at the mo especially in blackpool where they are real #hitholes

regards Dave ADL

sfpcleaningservice

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 10:54:30 pm »
hey hold up

surely if you have put in an extra person just for the floor it would be worthwhile doing the floor again.

could be your using to much cleaner on it sometimes if you use to much it can leave the floor sticky.

using a heavy duty hard surface cleaner might help but dont use to much and mop the floor twice.
lemon jel also works well.
what about a wet pick up, this could save time and it would stop the residues being left on the floor