Richy L

Re: FSC
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 03:42:46 pm »
What do you all think of that Falch BDCS found on ebay?
I dont know what i'm looking for when it comes to these really!

Rob_Mac

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »
Richy

Do you want a 1 man or 2 man set up - that's probably the 1st question to ask?

Rob ;D

Richy L

Rob_Mac

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 08:08:36 am »
With heat that will be more than enough. Is 5K a lot of money, it is but it is also an investment that has the potential to take you to another level of service and something that you should not be replacing.

The bar pressure takes over from the flow rate on that machine, so what is lost on one is gained on the other.

From my perspective the only downside to Falch is that they are not a two man machine and if you got technical and split the flow then there wouldn't be enough flow to work on cold with two men.

My Thor is for sale on Ebay, 200 bar, 3000 psi & 41 LPM, enough for a very powerful 1 man machine or split @ 20 LPM for 2 men.

Rob ;D

Matt Gibson

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 08:36:25 am »
In my opinion, the Falchs are a great machine, but they aren't for everyone. You need to think about servicing, parts, etc.. You need to replace like for like, parts are expensive apparently (dont quote me though)

Falch machines are top of the line, they look and are professional and they definitely work for people like Lee and Darran, but they aren't for everyone.

You can get a decent Lombardini or Kubota engine driven machine for less, and then you can service them yourself (or get any local service guy to do it) and not have to use Genuine Falch unloaders etc.. and you can swap pumps, build exactly what you want. You can also add a hot box for about £600/£700 and there you have yourself exactly what you want, for less money.

As i said, the Falch machines are top notch, but you need to work out what you need, why you need it and how much your going to use it and get somehting that suits you, not just because of the name. 

Richy L

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:06 am »
Maintaining the Falch could be an issue.
I work on my own, and sub labour when needed. I have no intention of taking on full time staff and stepping away as I like to control what is being done. So two men machines aren't really tempting for me. I like having the pressure washer in van though - parking is easier compared to a trailer, and i worry about the security of a trailer.

I don't mind spending the money if it makes me money.

I don't do any hot cleaning at the moment, but then I don't advertise for it.

I didn't realise you were selling your thor Rob, you haven't mentioned it before  ;D

jmb

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 04:45:16 pm »
richy it was me that bought lee's zeta and the difference going from a honda 340 to the zeta has made realise I should of done this a couple of years ago, if you're near bristol and want a demo give me shout, cheers jon

Richy L

jmb

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »
cheers jon.
I'm in Chepstow, so just over the bridge.
Was the Zeta hot?

No it's not hot rich but that is my next step to sort out a decent hot box for it for a couple of drive throughs we do, had bit of an expensive  august and sept so proberly gonna have to wait a couple of months :)

Blast Away

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:15 pm »
We haven't bought unloaders from Falch. They're only Falch branded, when ours needed changing we sourced them and our service guy brought them in from G&S. We just swapped over the plastic numptys to keep it looking original.