JSMC

Hiring pressure washer hose ? lanarkshire New
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:54:31 pm »
probs gonna require to hire 80m to see if machine can handle a job i have coming up. what rates you talking about for one day hire?

Matt Gibson

Re: hiring pressure washer hose ? lanarkshire
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12:21 pm »
Dont think you can hire just the hose can you? im in south lanarkshire and havent seen any places. I thought hire companies only hired the hose with the machine.

Whats the job? cant you position the machine closer?

Matt

JSMC

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:17:44 pm »
Ahhh ok,

Just start calling the hire companies then.

Would one of those telescopic lances be any use on the job? then you wouldnt need as much hose. Sorry, hard to come up with anothr way without seeing it.

Matt

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »
have the lance for when at the point where cleaning needs done on roof. There is no other way you can clean this job. Machine muct be outside warehouse and hos eneeds to go through and up to job on roof through  hatch.

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:15:25 pm »
hi jsmc     if you cannot finace a job you should not be doing it    apart from that each season i cut up to 12inches of all my hp hoses     in future i will save all the bits for you
regards john

Why the sarcasm towards what you assume are smaller less experienced company's than you?
Seen it a few times from you. Stinks of 'I'm better than you' and 'You're not on par' attitude.

The lad is asking if anyone can offer the hire of their hose or know where he can get some. Maybe he wants to make as much as he can from the job without having to pay out 200 quid for 80m of brand new hose.

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »
hi jsmc     if you cannot finace a job you should not be doing it    apart from that each season i cut up to 12inches of all my hp hoses     in future i will save all the bits for you
regards john

who says i can't afford to buy the hose? i'm not buying 80-100m to find out the pressure at end of it is crap. i will hire for 1st job and if ok buy extra hose.

mind not fall out yer ivory tower mate. You know nothing about my finances or what i own so never assume anyhting mate. also if i ever want to hear an arsehole i'll fart.

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:23:32 am »
ok no probs mate. I'm sure hire centres must be careful of what they hire out then again............. LOL

Matt Gibson

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 09:15:15 am »
JSMC,

Let me know how you get on, and where you end up getting it from, always good to get some fedback on hire stores from another local.

Cheers,

Matt

Roger Oakley

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 12:25:30 pm »
JSMC,
Not sure if they hire hoses but you could try Pirtek here is there web-site www.pirtek.co.uk, for repairs they can be a bit pricey but I have used then when I have had to.

JSMC

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 07:21:35 pm »
JSMC,

Let me know how you get on, and where you end up getting it from, always good to get some fedback on hire stores from another local.

Cheers,

Matt

different fittings on it and guy said possibly using 100m of hose the pressure would be terrible at lance

andyM

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 07:33:23 pm »

also if i ever want to hear an arsehole i'll fart.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D Classic!
One of the Plebs

Matt Gibson

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 08:16:21 pm »
JSMC,

did you end up using the hose with different fittings? lose any pressure?

Matt

JSMC

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:07 am »
JSMC,

did you end up using the hose with different fittings? lose any pressure?

Matt

no not done job yet. Was in hire place today and all there hoses are different fittings from mines. I am not buying load sof hose to find out job can't be done due to loss of pressure. Would rathe rhir eor borrow first to see what happens

Matt Gibson

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:50 am »
well mate, ive got about 40 meters i think , its on a reel so im not sure exactly how long it is, so you can add yours on and see how the pressure goes if you want, atleast it will give you some idea.

Give me a call if you wanna meet up. im in rutherglen.

Matt

BDCS

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 07:50:18 pm »
I regularly run 65m of hose - some is 3/8 and some 1/4 and I don't notice the difference between that and 10m. 

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:01 am »
well mate, ive got about 40 meters i think , its on a reel so im not sure exactly how long it is, so you can add yours on and see how the pressure goes if you want, atleast it will give you some idea.

Give me a call if you wanna meet up. im in rutherglen.

Matt

you have any pics of hose connectors? mines are quick release type

BDCS

Matt Gibson

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 07:37:48 am »
JSMC,

The end of my hose has a female QR fitting on it, the same size as BDCS said, 20mm. You can join your 20m hose onto mine and run my machine just to see if the pressure drops, but i doubt it will.

Like BDCS says, he noticed no drop between 65m and 10m, but your welcome to try.

Cheers,

Matt