Adam P

what product for daily cleaning of safety floor
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:13:48 am »
may seem like a silly question but what we use at the moment just isn't doing as much as we'd like unfortunately. would be great if it could be eco and even better if it could be from nenviro as about to place an order with them.

Pristine Clean

Re: what product for daily cleaning of safety floor
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:36 am »
Hi Surrey,

We clean and restore lots of flooring and safety floors.

We use a product named Ubik 2000 its great for removing dirt, grease deep down but you will need a buffing machine with a pad depending on the state of it use either fine or course.

If it in a state we spray the Ubik all over the floor, leave to dwell and buff away then mop.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 09:06:13 am »
would you suggest this product for daily cleaning as well? we've recently cleaned the floor with a machine but the dirt is coming back which is why i now think what we've been using isn't quite as good as i'd have hoped. I expect safety floor to hold the dirt well which is why it'll need regular cleaning with a machine but i'm hoping for better results and i'm sure a better chemical will do that.

Nick Murnin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:22 am »
Hi Surrey, Im not sure if youre using eco products, there are a few products we have used which will do a good job, all Selden, Tripple, neutral scrubber dryer detergent, strong arm. you should be carefull of the pads you are using over a prelonged period of time as some can degrade the anti slip properties of the flooring. brushing is always preffered.

Nick Murnin

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 10:31:03 am »
another product I always used, I think its a panecea "H005 Act Stainless Steel Safe Toilet Cleaner" sulphamic acid base nice fragrance. I always had a couple of bottles to hand on any job and have use this on everything, safety floors, toilets, taps, baths you just have to be carefull that you agitate the product before leaving it on some surfaces like laminates or pourus surfaces as it can sometimes stain. Fab product check it out on my website.

let me know what you think.

Billy Russell

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 11:21:44 am »
Hi Surrey,

We have around 20 school contracts and the safety flooring is always a problem! I've done so much research and tests on different chems i am now brain dead with it all!!! but the best i've found so far as got to be: STS from Solutions in Cornwall

Regards

Billy

Pristine Clean

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 11:23:43 am »
would you suggest this product for daily cleaning as well? we've recently cleaned the floor with a machine but the dirt is coming back which is why i now think what we've been using isn't quite as good as i'd have hoped. I expect safety floor to hold the dirt well which is why it'll need regular cleaning with a machine but i'm hoping for better results and i'm sure a better chemical will do that.

You can use it for daily cleaning, but a word of caution is that you must be careful as when left wet is is extremely slippery.

What type of environment is the floor in? If office it should not get that dirty?

However the non slips we clean are in Quarrys / Builders Centres / Garages / Halls and they hold the dirt because of the type of surface.

You will find it will bring the floors up well especially on the more rubbery type floors.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Robert Parry

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 12:24:58 pm »
Hi Surrey,

Safety flooring is specified when it is considered that the area could constitute a hazard, all the manufactures/installers will tell the end user that this floor is hard wearing and easy maintenance!

This is a load of tosh!

Depending on the area/traffic and client expectations, this type of flooring can be a right pain in the a**e!!

Cheapest maintenance option is sweep and mop, this is suitable for low traffic use only.

Medium maintenance option is vacuum daily, mop daily, scrub using blue hard brush, suck up slurry using wet and dry(industrial wet and dry, not a vax!) on a weekly basis.

If the client whats the floor kept in the best possible state, vacuum, scrub using blue hard brush, suck up slurry using industrial wet and dry vacuum daily, again this depends on area and traffic.

Your requirement of using green chems, can be met by the seldon range, one of the most green chem chemical companies in the EU if not the world.

If the area size warrants it, perhaps a scrubber dryer would be of use, clients will always say that they want the area, looking pristine, until they realise the true cost of the maintenance. Just mopping, is only shifting the dirt around, it is not removing it!

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

Adam P

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 05:41:52 pm »
first just to say thanks to all for the replies. will have a look tonight when i get back from my next clean.

Fab product check it out on my website.

i thought you weren't allowed to self promote on these forums? also i can't view the products as the site says i'm not in your area :P

Nick Murnin

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 08:02:49 pm »
Im assuming you can, there is a new section for selling new equipment.  You can view products by puting this post code in BB1 2EQ.

Did you want a copy of that Proposal pack? cant remember.

Griffus

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 09:26:57 pm »
We use blue polyprop brush attachments on our rotaries and a neutral PH cleaner. We then use a wet-vac to recover all the muck.

If the flooring is Altro, they do their own cleaner which works well. They'll usually give out 1 litre FOC as a trial so give them a call and try it.

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:29:41 pm »
Im assuming you can, there is a new section for selling new equipment.  You can view products by puting this post code in BB1 2EQ.

new section for selling new equipment doesn't mean you can now self promote

Nick Murnin

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »
is that your logo your using, or are you shamelessly self promoting Surrey (perhaps you are promoting another company because you are the altruistic type)

Nick Murnin

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 11:27:44 pm »

new section for selling new equipment doesn't mean you can now self promote

if you realy think I am self promoting on this forum (which most people do to some degree) and you are some how upset by this, perhaps you should report it to the moderators. as far as I can see by the amount of replies I have had, most people would benefit from the free documents I am offering and would not be too bothered about me promoting my self or them promoting me in return. Or would you prefer that new companied continue to struggle or pay through the nose for these documents.

Adam P

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:49 pm »
is that your logo your using, or are you shamelessly self promoting Surrey (perhaps you are promoting another company because you are the altruistic type)

great attitude for potential customers to see on this board. you're trying to get a sale from the members of this forums, almost all if not all of the posts i've seen from you on this forum are self promoting and nother offering any advice unless you get something in return. this is self promoting which i asked if it was against the rules, yet you attacked me?

i'm not selling my services as everyone on here is a cleaner! this is obvious though surely?

how can i be SELF promoting Surrey? you know i am not the county Surrey?

and to think i had planned to buy some of your products.

edit: your last posts makes even less sense. realise what you're saying. i've questioned if it's ok to self promote and pointed out to you that i don't think these forums allow it. you've then gone extremely defensive and coming out with some ridiculous statements which is shocking to hear from someone i expected a bit more decency from. I could have gone straight to a mod yes, but i chose to be nice and point it out, but now i'm the bad guy?

second edit: i could really go into explaining how silly and childish your last post sounds but i wont as tbh i'm fairly certain i am right, so i feel we'll probably no be hearing from you very soon as as soon as you're told to not self promote you'll go in a strop (based on how you've reacted in this thread) and stop using these forums as i tbh i get the feeling you aren't here just to help others and share your experience without there being an obvious gain for you.

would love to be wrong though but only time will tell

Nick Murnin

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 11:42:50 pm »
I am not selling anything, I am making an offer which is mutualy beneficial. I was in the contract industry for years and it took years to get to a position where I had all the relevent information to make a proffesional impresion.

Im sorry if you feel I am attacking, Im not. But I do feel it is important to share information espesialy with new and developing companies.

self promotion should be the marketing goal of any business, but I also believe if you are to adopt this type of strategy then it should be bennefit based. is there anything wrong with that? anyone who has given any kind of feedback has recieved these documents, not one person has made a purchase yet. look at the stream I have emailed it to them.

If anyone sees this who has the docs can you please confirm to "Surrey"

Nick Murnin

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:44 pm »
well we can just agree to disagree. I cant see why I would be told to stop doing whatever it is you think im doing, but if I am then I will still offer advice (although there are plenty on here who have better & qualified advice) and I will still offer anything I have, but I dont believe there is anything wrong in asking for help in return.

Lets be friends ;D

Adam P

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »
well we can just agree to disagree. I cant see why I would be told to stop doing whatever it is you think im doing, but if I am then I will still offer advice (although there are plenty on here who have better & qualified advice) and I will still offer anything I have, but I dont believe there is anything wrong in asking for help in return.

Lets be friends ;D

often it's not asking but instead you're selling it or "swapping" it. a mod has already pointed out to you that an OCCASIONAL OCCURRENCE MAY BE OK if it's helpful, but that's it. don't go debating with me why these forums have rules that i've tried to make you aware of. as i say i didn't expect such a childish backlash from someone on these forums who is trying to make potential customers aware of his new services.

just in case you can't find it..

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=107046.0

Nick Murnin

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:42 am »
well as much as I love a good debate, i am not in a position to interprate the rules of the forum any such discourse can be left to a time when I can read them. I can say however, that at no tome has the moderator contacted me regarding this matter. So if you interprate my reaction as childish then I would invite you to refresh your self the previous streams., which you appeared to be annoyed at me giving something free and you apeared not to want to give anything in return even though I was only asking for feedback at that point.

Adam P

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 01:25:20 am »
robert: can you explain what brush you mean when you say "scrub using blue hard brush". also when you said seldon i assume you meant selden? i've tried having a looking but can't find what product of theirs we should have a look at?

i'm actually looking at getting a wet n dry at the moment just not sure which to get. i've seen the smaller numatic Wet & Dry Vacuums recommended a few times. is this the safe choice to go with? also is there any real difference in the WV370 and the WV380? if not numatic any other suggestions?

dave: it's for a school and the size of the floors is fairly minimal but spread across 8 rooms. being a school i'm a bit concerned about the product being slippery as some kids annoyingly can be there sometimes even at 8pm, is it really bad or would the nomal wet floor sign be enough for h&s? trying to find out but can't find anywhere if the clover products are eco or not?