A place to chat... > Forum Development Suggestions

How can we make Cleanitup even better?

(1/22) > >>

Mike_Boxall:
Hi everyone

We're currently looking to put more resources into developing the forum and adding new features to it.

As part of this process we wanted to get some initial feedback on the sort of things you think would make Cleanitup an even more useful resource and thought that a new section would help facilitate that.

So, over to you, what do you think we could do to improve it?

Regards

Mike

Mike Halliday:
EDUCATION!!!! we need to make CIU a place people look when they have a question about cleaning.

i would like to see CIU the same as Cleanfax with a huge resource of articles collected from the leading people in the world of cleaning.

a photo gallery of generic, high quality  photos that CIU admin & members post which can be used by any member, if someone wants a photo of a wand, mop, a pressure washer, a waterfed pole etc etc etc they can get it from CIU Maybe the photos can be sold by members...... eg; i have a great photo of a before & after carpet clean....... I post it on CIU and any one who wants to use it pays me or we could have a nominated charity where any one can buy the photo for a £1 which is given to cancer research

a direct link to a video channel on You tube where members can post videos

just a few thoughts :)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus):
Real names, real profile photos - the site would be a much better place immediately

AshWhite:
When I view the site on my phone, there's a link I can follow that shows all the unread replies to threads I have commented on, but it's not on the main site?

Mike_Boxall:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on November 11, 2011, 07:34:15 pm ---EDUCATION!!!! we need to make CIU a place people look when they have a question about cleaning.

i would like to see CIU the same as Cleanfax with a huge resource of articles collected from the leading people in the world of cleaning.

a photo gallery of generic, high quality  photos that CIU admin & members post which can be used by any member, if someone wants a photo of a wand, mop, a pressure washer, a waterfed pole etc etc etc they can get it from CIU Maybe the photos can be sold by members...... eg; i have a great photo of a before & after carpet clean....... I post it on CIU and any one who wants to use it pays me or we could have a nominated charity where any one can buy the photo for a £1 which is given to cancer research

a direct link to a video channel on You tube where members can post videos

just a few thoughts :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mike

I absolutely agree that we want CIU to be the first place people think of when they want an answer to a question. One of the problems I think is that it can be difficult to find things and I'm keen to try and organise things better. I like the ideas of the photos and it sort of ties into an idea I had some time ago (in fact I'm sure Mitch did start to develop it) whereby we create a database of all the different types of surfaces that could need to be cleaned and a database of all the different types of soiling that might need to be removed from them. Each one would have key features and would ultimately lead to the appropriate product to deal with it. Having someone, maybe like Doug  ;) , who could explain exactly why limescale needs to be removed with an acid or why certain stain removers work on oil based stains and others don't I'm sure would be a useful resource. I'll look into the photos idea and we'll may try to tie the two together

Regards

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version