AuRavelling79

Re: abuse from the public
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 08:18:45 pm »
I went out today a week early and did 100 customers. 85 said leave it but paid me anyway because they appreciated my industriousness. 14 said "carry on and have coffee and cakes" (sticky icing that they passed to me saying "mind my fingers" slurp!)
One said "can you pop round my 90 year old mum's as she wants her insides doing and she can't do it herself as she has breathing problems."
So I had a record day and am hoping my cruise to Italy is still on in June!
Happy days!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 08:26:54 pm »
I went out today a week early and did 100 customers. 85 said leave it but paid me anyway because they appreciated my industriousness. 14 said "carry on and have coffee and cakes" (sticky icing that they passed to me saying "mind my fingers" slurp!)
One said "can you pop round my 90 year old mum's as she wants her insides doing and she can't do it herself as she has breathing problems."
So I had a record day and am hoping my cruise to Italy is still on in June!
Happy days!  ;D

Sure your names not Da* ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 08:52:20 pm »
My customers were so pleased to see me they threw their arms around me and kissed me on the cheek. Some of their wives did too!
I earned £540 by the time I got out of bed and it was raining. I’ve never had it so good.
People are dying for me to come round.

lee_dewing

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:44 pm »
Last week all good

Some Customer’s saying they would leave standing orders running if I can’t make it for a couple of months

One customer £10 job
Pays in advance still 2 cleans in front give me another £20

I said your still in credit
Customer said no that’s for you!

We ended up having a friendly squabble over £20 credit or tip 😢😊

This week 1 st please leave it but
We’re paying you

Said to pause standing order
Told customer to stay well and see you later in the year

Text customers for tomorrow
All access for gates
All good

Agree a lot of chatting 😀

Agree also
 ✅ mental health ✅ Exercise
 ✅Earning something

Stay well 🏃🦠
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 09:22:46 pm »
I'm surprised that those that have worked are touched (not physically, they are experienced at keeping the rest of the world two metres away) when a customer says 'nice to see you' during a pandemic.
What do they expect them to say?
'Oh, I was hoping that were you dead'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 10:21:10 pm »
I'm surprised that those that have worked are touched (not physically, they are experienced at keeping the rest of the world two metres away) when a customer says 'nice to see you' during a pandemic.
What do they expect them to say?
'Oh, I was hoping that were you dead'.

In my alcoholic recovery circles, when someone reappears at one of 'those meetings' that I've not seen in ages, I always greet them with a warm smile and say "You're ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!  I thought you were dead in some gutter somewhere!"

Rarely do they appreciate the joke though. >:(

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

jd services

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 11:48:50 am »
No.  I did a job for a GP  last week who said  as long as safe distancing was maintained she was happy. She was angry that her mother's gardener refused to cut her lawn so she had to do it herself.  If these abusing members of the public were so concerned why weren't they at home themselves?