Jay Le Huray

abuse from the public
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:25:58 am »
last night I had a lengthy chat with a mate of mine who has 5 franchise guys working  with him
he has been holed up for 2 weeks due to being ill and from what he told me it sounds like he contracted CV but is slowly getting better.

anyway the topic eventually came around to self isolating and he told me his guys are all still working but have been subject to abuse from the general public, whilst out working they have been shouted at by people telling they should be ashamed of themselves for working, also his facebook page has also taken some stick and he went onto say he even had a couple of nasty phone calls from people too (phone numbers on all vans)

has anyone else experienced this?

Missing Link

Re: abuse from the public
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 10:29:31 am »
has anyone else experienced this?

No, just on this forum by frightened window cleaners.

The local lads that are still working are reporting no problems (we have a local window cleaning facebook page we've been chatting on).
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 11:41:00 am »
No not yet.

But I love an argument so bring it on.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:48:04 am »
No not at all. Quite the opposite really, so much support and appreciation for not being lazy and carrying on. They all seem more aware of the correct advice from the government than some of the window cleaners themselves.

If you do get hastle, just tell them to call the police then, as you're not doing anything wrong.   They are probably breaking the rules by coming out of the house to abuse you and ignore them
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:25 am »
My neighbour's just texted me to tell me that he thinks my van has been vandalised .
I panicked and went out to check it. I thanked my neighbour, by text, and said, regretfully, that it was a sign of the times that we are living in.
Oh and that it was like that anyway.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 11:53:39 am »
No not at all. Quite the opposite really, so much support and appreciation for not being lazy and carrying on. They all seem more aware of the correct advice from the government than some of the window cleaners themselves.

If you do get hastle, just tell them to call the police then, as you're not doing anything wrong.   They are probably breaking the rules by coming out of the house to abuse you and ignore them
Well said, Jester.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 11:57:36 am »
My neighbour's just texted me to tell me that he thinks my van has been vandalised .
I panicked and went out to check it. I thanked my neighbour, by text, and said, regretfully, that it was a sign of the times that we are living in.

Oh no. Hope your van is ok buddy
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:06:14 pm »

Oh no. Hope your van is ok buddy
It's just cosmetic.
She might need a new battery after having her wheels up for six months though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 01:23:21 pm »
Jealousy because you can keep working it looks like it’s not effecting you as well as people thinking you may be spreading it,probably those tracksuit wearers again I saw 1 the other day again scratching his elbow,I said what’s up m8 he said I’ve got an itchy arse 🤣

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 02:19:30 pm »
Not a sausage yet !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 02:38:48 pm »
Keep going people have been lovely today very encouraging,if they’d been the opposite I’d be at home with Holly and little Phil.

david mark

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 02:48:31 pm »
No problems at all one of my customers is a Doctor who said from behind the gate great to see you

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 03:37:25 pm »
Nope, plenty of chats through windows and customers out in their gardens (bottom end and more than 2 meters away) and lots of kids waving n pulling faces at each other. Having a laugh whikst working and remaining save whilst doing so
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 04:45:37 pm »
The local window cleaners in my Town that i know about, out of 7, 5 are working, 2 not.
1 of those 2 doesn't earn much anyway and loves staying in and also has diabetes.
1 of the lads who is working got a stern lecture from a doctor (they are working hard but think they are gods at the best of times), apart from that they all report that about 80% are really happy that we're working, the others prefer us not to call at the moment.
working kills 3 birds with one stone, exercise, mental therapy and ££££s.
I've passed patrolling coppers who either  ignore you or have said a polite good day.
No one is liking this situation but life itself has some risks, I'm working and acting in a safe manner.
All the best whatever you're doing  ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 04:47:36 pm »
"I counted them all out and I counted them all back".

I'm glad you all survived today, chaps.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 05:09:03 pm »
no problem whatsoever.....i cleaned 22 jobs today...not one skipped....in fact customers seem more friendly than usual and lots more offers of tea/coffee but obviously im declining them (politely)....... :)...mainly 4 weekly work too(and im bang on time!)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 05:13:10 pm »
I’m back pretty much as before now all I’ll do now is if the weathers dodgy I’ll give em a swerve just at the moment while this is kicking off,when it settles I’ll work whatever as usual as long as it’s not stair rod rain.

simon w

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 05:23:11 pm »
We haven't lost a single days work and have experienced no negativity from anyone whatsoever.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 05:45:19 pm »
Really strange last 2 days working . Cleaned about 60 houses . Not one asked  to leave it . Like dazmind said if anything custys have been friendlier . Coming out in the garden and chatting , easpecially the ones you never see cos they are at work .got one who is a right battleaxe , the type if you cleaned her windows for nowt , she would still have a moan . Once accused us of encouraging weeds in the garden cos of the water dripping . Well today came out asking if we were all well , nice to see someone at work . Couldn’t get away from her . So my only grumble is it is taking longer to get round cos  they all want a chat .

Steven Biggs

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 05:54:48 pm »
Also .  Earned extra . The fronts only jobs were opening there gates . .