danny mckim

Best generator for skyvac
« on: December 16, 2018, 09:19:34 pm »
Hi guys

I recently bought skyvac, industrial 85 model. What do you’d reckon would be a decent generator to use alongside this one. Spineaclean recommends a Honda one at around £900, I’m wondering if you guys know of any alternative generators better suited

Thanks for any advice

Splash & dash

Re: Best generator for skyvac
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:58 pm »
Hi guys

I recently bought skyvac, industrial 85 model. What do you’d reckon would be a decent generator to use alongside this one. Spineaclean recommends a Honda one at around £900, I’m wondering if you guys know of any alternative generators better suited

Thanks for any advice
why would you spend that amount of money on a vac and then not listen to the supplier ? They know best , also if you bought it new from spinner clean then you would be able to get a better deal on the price anyway

danny mckim

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:45:39 pm »
I’m not looking for a better deal I’m looking for peoples opinion on what is best one to use. . I find when you ask people who actually use them , they tend know better. 

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:51:40 pm »
I’m not looking for a better deal I’m looking for peoples opinion on what is best one to use. . I find when you ask people who actually use them , they tend know better.

We have had a Honda 5kva stephill for the last 9 years running an omnivac never misses a beat starts first time every time but I think I paid around £900 fior that back then , nice little genie , you can get cheaper ones like loncin I have never had one but they are a lot cheaper and most seam to say they are ok

danny mckim

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 09:55:37 pm »
Cheers for that, is yours the key start one

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 09:58:06 pm »
Cheers for that, is yours the key start one

No it’s pull cord , but it’s not hard work the battery one adds quite a lot of weight

Tom-01

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 11:05:11 pm »
Hi guys

Thanks for any advice

We have the Industrial 85 and use this generator to run it:

https://www.justgenerators.co.uk/stephill-6500hms-industrial-generator.html#.VwovQ4e4mCQ

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »
use the generator sold by spinaclean, it is ideal for the job

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 11:01:23 pm »
I used a cheapo geny then changed to the Honda 5 or 5.5 kva which uses less fuel than the previous one. Never used it that much but the day's it was on I was surprised how little fuel I went through. They start easy and run smoothly. I had actually thought about using the engine for a new pressure washer although the shaft is tapered on the geny so it might be for sale along with carbon vac poles.
If anyone's interested near Glasgow it'll probably appear soon in the for sale section or on Gumtree along with a Facelift Compact 325di system

Think it's actually a 6.5kva I've got.

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:07:53 pm »
6.5 kVA Honda GX390 Industrial Petrol Generator

This is what was recommended for a 3000w vac due to the start up power required.

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 11:11:30 pm »
There was a gutter vac supplier on here before that recommended Wolf geny's but the reviews online were pretty grim.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 08:53:05 am »
Take a look at SGS - we got an 8Kva with electric start for almost half the price of a step hill Honda - other than being a beast in weight its run a dream for a year now - no issues

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 09:52:36 pm »
Hi guys

Thanks for any advice
Your not far from me if you want a Honda Stephill with little usage. 6.5 kva £600