dandandan

adjustable or set pressure valve?
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:02:38 pm »
What pressure control valve do most of you use?adjustable turning one or do you just use throttle to higher/lower pressure?thanks Dan

drive surgeon

Re: adjustable or set pressure valve?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:08:48 pm »
i keep my valve on full bore and just use throttle to adjust pressure, if you turn the valve too much it can mess it up, so i have heard? :o

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »
Your pressure regulator is designed to do just that, regulate the pressure. Adjusting them won't do any harm. All it is is a spring loaded piston with an O ring on it. As you turn it it increases or decreases the resistance in the flow creating more or less pressure. Some air cooled engines need to run at full revs in order to keep cool.

dandandan

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:49:57 pm »
I started off using regulater but it`s a pain turning it about 10 time to adjust pressure,just find it quicker and easier to use throttle,you don`t forget to put pressure back to full whack as well,just interested how you fellas  did it.thanks dan

rob fryer

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:25 pm »
engine revs saves the o ring leeking after all that use

dandandan

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:51:32 pm »
The o ring on bottom of adjustable valve,at 6 o`clock?dan

rob fryer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:10:26 pm »
Just depends on how your valve is fitted the adjuster is on the top on mine.
rob

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:44:30 pm »
Pressure is purely dependant on the resistant to flow - ie nozzle size so to reduce the pressure you just reduce the flow which is done simply by reducing the revs. The unloader setting is the pressure at which the seat lifts allowing the flow to return to tank - reducing the setting means that if the revs are left at max the unloader valve will hammer itself to death because it will trying to contain an excess flow - simply put ease off the revs, save fuel and give the unloader an easier life

dandandan

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 03:03:23 pm »
adjusters on top of mine as well mate