surrey pressure clean

pressure cleaning work
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:59:56 pm »
hi all i have been asked to price a cleaning job for block paving iam told it is roughly 3000 sqm in total the customer wants it cleaned and resanded i normal charge £1.00 for cleaning and 50p for resanding do you think i should charge this price for this size job thanks chris

Ged

Re: pressure cleaning work
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 08:26:48 pm »
Chris, 
very large job. are you doing this single handed. if so would sub out part of it. for larger jobs i sometimes price based on a day rate, and estimating how long it will take, plus materials, travel , hire cost etc if required.square meterage can be misleading as you know, a large area with easy access and drainage and easy access to good water supply is often easier and quicker than a really small difficult site requiring bowsers and pumping out etc. so lots to consider

Good Luck

Ged

Andy Foster

Re: pressure cleaning work
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:36:31 pm »
Hi Chris

Good idea to do this on a day rate to be honest, we have a few contracts where there are tricky bits (park benches, ballards, bad drainage etc) and if we priced on meterage then we would earn significantly less than the day rate method.
Also, if gum removal is to be part of the job, then this can really dlow you down if it is really bad.
Just things to bear in mind.

Did you manage to get yourself sorted with a hot box to add on to your kit by the way?

Cheers

Andy