Wolfman

Which pressure washer for occasional use?
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:30:45 am »

I use pressure washers maybe once a fortnight, for patios etc   Is it worth getting a petrol one- called Rutland Pumps and Ben recommended Lonsin.   There's 15 or 21 one for £1,000  or a 13 Litre/per min one for £600 which takes a hose.   Issues I got is the size of it for storage in my already rammed garage and how much use I'll get out of it.   Shall I just get a electric Karcher?

Smudger

Re: Which pressure washer for occasional use?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »
any domestic archer is a waste of time/money and will take you 5 or 6 times longer to clean than a decent petrol model

why dont you hire one ?

a 15 ltr machine with hose and gun is around £45 for the day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:09:45 pm »
i got a loncin  12ltre  on a small cradle its tiny  i put it on a fold up sack truck  and wheel  it through the house  its also chemical injector  for tfr    i garden hose feed it   and use coloured  tips   because its not powerfull enough for the dirtblaster  but if you barrel feed it   which i have not it probably would be powerfull enough   also   it spins a 14inch wirlaway    easy    so if you get a 15ltr e even better   

i got   ben  from rutland   pumps to put it on a cradle 

Wolfman

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 09:16:41 pm »
i got a loncin  12ltre  on a small cradle its tiny  i put it on a fold up sack truck  and wheel  it through the house  its also chemical injector  for tfr    i garden hose feed it   and use coloured  tips   because its not powerfull enough for the dirtblaster  but if you barrel feed it   which i have not it probably would be powerfull enough   also   it spins a 14inch wirlaway    easy    so if you get a 15ltr e even better   

i got   ben  from rutland   pumps to put it on a cradle

Small and compact.  I like the sound of that.  Is it much better than a Karcher from B  and Q?   What do you mean dirtblaster?  price?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 07:26:31 am »
Buy the best you can afford,  it does’nt matter that it’s for occasional use it will just last longer if it’s used less.

and size is not an issue, its not as if they are the size of a tank. the difference between a small crap one and a decent one will be a few square ft, move a couple of boxes and you have the extra space you need.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 01:52:00 pm »
a  dirt blaster is a turbo nozzle it has a ball bearing inside it          it spins very quickly  to clean quicker   but you have to get use to them   ie   you have to practise on your own property dont just rock up and start cleaning with it   rutland pumps sell them you have to get the right spec   for your washer   they go on the end of your lance   

wolfman   dont get an electric  you need power supply  for 1 and 2  rearranging the clean  because how do you know your customer is going to be in hanging  a cord through there letterbox  to run your washer   really...   
most of my jobs are   gates left open thats it  walk in   clean   close gate gone     
i  was in the same  position  6 months ago   i needed a small washer for going through terreced    houses    i stuck with petrol  on a cradle      iam glad i did                   all the best             

Wolfman

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 10:14:44 am »
mjm
Yours sounds like a nice machine.   Is your 13 litre/p min much faster than  an electric Katcher one?   I'll ring Ben at Rutland Pumps and get an idea on price

mjm

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 03:22:11 pm »
wolfman     i have a 15ltre   honda  on a metal plate  inside the van   it doesnt move  thats for long drives etc     the other one is a 12ltre  loncin  on a carry handle   cradle  i use that for ocasional   use   i hook it up to the customers tap and clean that way  but if the pressure is low from the tap you will have to barrel feed it   which you are better off doing anyway because  any petrol washer is better  barrel fed   your better offf getting a honda          12   or 13 or 14 or15    ltre  on a carry handle cradle thing   i dont know what you call them

Wolfman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:15:26 am »
wolfman     i have a 15ltre   honda  on a metal plate  inside the van   it doesnt move  thats for long drives etc     the other one is a 12ltre  loncin  on a carry handle   cradle  i use that for ocasional   use   i hook it up to the customers tap and clean that way  but if the pressure is low from the tap you will have to barrel feed it   which you are better off doing anyway because  any petrol washer is better  barrel fed   your better offf getting a honda          12   or 13 or 14 or15    ltre  on a carry handle cradle thing   i dont know what you call them

Will get one off Ben at Rutland.  he seems to think the Loncins possibly better than Hondas.    If I get a 15 litre one I guess I could change the settings to use off a hose or use a wheelie bin.   Bet they take up a lot of storage space.   Hopefully the 15 litre is still small enough to get in van and store comfortably

Wolfman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 10:19:23 am »

Will get one off Ben at Rutland.  he seems to think the Loncins possibly better than Hondas.    If I get a 15 litre one I guess I could change the settings to use off a hose or use a wheelie bin depending..   Bet wheelie bin  takes up a lot of storage space.   Hopefully the 15 litre is still small enough to get in van and store comfortably

the king

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 09:06:57 pm »
i would just bite the bullet and get a petrol one from rutlands pumps you will make your money back on no time im shore  there is also jetmac  to consider but i would rather use ben as his rep is the best in  the biz