Rob_Mac

Re: Which pressure washer?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:42 pm »
I have a 1500 litre tank in the one van and a 1000 litre tank in the other. I love hydrants ;D

Easy Clean - I thought you were in Dannys' neck of the woods but you are at the other end of the country. I know of at least two pressure washers down your way that are doing really well.

Rob ;D

easy clean

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »
Who are they rob, maybe I need to have a chat with them  :)

BDCS

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »
I'd like to know who they are as well

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »
One with a van who approached me on some works and another one is one half of a twin who has a new van, trailer set up. He very occasionally does some work with me.

I have worked on several stores down your way and I have seen some considerable wealth in your area, that is where I would be targeting.

Carl - are you saying that the area is difficult to make a living in?

Rob ;D

Ian101

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 10:34:59 pm »
I was only looking to invest £3k or so.

Ian H20 has had a good start from his posts.

Is there a reason your venture has paid off yet?

Take no notice ive made it all up   :D

Seriously though best advice i can give is dont price too cheaply dont think of it as an add on

BDCS

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:31 pm »
One with a van who approached me on some works and another one is one half of a twin who has a new van, trailer set up. He very occasionally does some work with me.

I have worked on several stores down your way and I have seen some considerable wealth in your area, that is where I would be targeting.

Carl - are you saying that the area is difficult to make a living in?

Rob ;D

One with a van - that narrows it down ! I could'nt make a living just out of pressure washing but thats because I do allsorts and my customer base for repeat business reflects this, had I just stuck with the pressure washing then it may be different. The days on the drains are the cream work for me. I enjoy my variation of work as I never know if I'll be doing the pest control, pressure washing, gutters, drains or whatever.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 11:04:17 pm »
I think you are different though because you can only go north for work. You haven't got a radius around you as the sea is in the way. Don't you hate it when it does that.

I don't know the area directly round you but Orpington, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells & Sevenoaks - further north - do you travel that far, do you travel to these areas?

Rob ;D

BDCS

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 11:17:16 pm »
I do, I've got 2 days at Cranbrook next week in the Calor gas depot, I can go a bit south but only a small distance east ! We did an Asda in Maidstone last week but these jobs would not fill the diary but with the other services do. I travel all over Kent and have been as far as Exeter doing surveys on railway stations. I think anyone starting up would be starving if they expect to rely on this line of work unless they get a really lucky break. I'm happy with things as I'm still trying to find time to build my new trailer but we bought a buy to let last month and that has swallowed some of my time and that of my bloke.