lisa123

WHICH VACUUM CLEANER?
« on: February 13, 2006, 11:08:30 am »
I am having to purchase a couple of vacs, for one off type cleans /EOT and moving ins.
just wondered what model i should go for.
Is it the HENRY all the way, or a cheaper hepa, low noise, higher wattage, type cleaner?
in my catalogue is a thomas wet and dry tub vac, stainless steel, 1500 watt. any reviews?

CMS

Re: WHICH VACUUM CLEANER?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:49:54 am »
V9H Victor Tub Vac With Hepa Filter is what you want for that sort of work. I sell them. The uprights I use are the Ensign 360 contract. Gorgeous hoovers but not too good for what you're doing.

The problem you're going to have not being VAT registered is that you will have to pay the VAT and won't be able to get it back.

Before you buy anything new take a look at 'Cash Providers' in Wellington.

They have quite a few reconditioned hoovers with guarantees, all wrapped up in plastic etc.

Various models, various prices but uprights were £20 - 45. Tub vacs £30.00.

Worth a look if they're going to get trashed on builders cleans.

Tim Downer

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 11:54:13 am »
Hi Lisa, difficult one as it is down to personal preference.

An upright vacuum, i.e Sebo is good for End of Tenancy and your move ins, as they have brushes and pick up a lot of soiling.
However, they are a tad more expensive, my supplier selling for £200.

Or

The little babies.....Henry etc etc.....
We have used the NVH.200's since 18 months ago on building sites etc, and they are still going.
For the showflats etc, we have either the uprights above, or the new Dimplex DV9's which look very smart at around £72.00 each

Know doubt you will be able to hear other peopls preferences on the postings below, then you will be able to decide for yourself.

Happy hunting

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

lisa123

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 12:14:24 pm »
thanks guys.
I hadn't thought of looking in cash providers. The one in Shrewsbury has vanished.
Thanks, I'll do that. I was thinking of getting one from my catalogue as i dont have to start paying until september.
I'll have a good look around.

domestic bliss

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 03:33:11 pm »
Lisa i can reccomend the Henry Hound (Green one) it has lots of attachments and an electric powerbrush head as well as the usual one.  It's actually for pet owners but as the suction is so good it's fab for everything.  I have never seen it in shops i got mine from a cleaning supplier it wasn,t especially cheap at £189 but it was worth it

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 05:27:36 pm »
V9H Victor Tub Vac With Hepa Filter is what you want for that sort of work....
Karl, do you mean this model?
Tnx,
Arthur

CMS

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:51:14 pm »
That's the one......................in the sale I see ????

*Chris Browne

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:52:36 pm »
Lisa, go for the hepa v9, should be about £76 with your vat,  apart from being as versatile as a henry, they are cheaper and also it looks good if you tell them your using a hepa filter(show them the documentation that comes with it, pretty impressive even if it is waffle)

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

lisa123

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:51:30 pm »
thanks, for your input :)
I'll be off vac shopping soon

Tim Downer

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 10:18:56 pm »
Hi guys
That was a blast from the past.....used to have a fleet of the V9's. Never let me down, kept on going and was covered in a softer rubber/plastic than most vacuums, so didn't break or damage furniture etc when they bashed into them.
Still have one of the originals at home, must be a good 5 years old and used daily still.....and with kids!!!!
Think i will go to the supplier to see if they still do it!
Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"