eValet

Which pressue washer
« on: September 25, 2005, 10:19:14 pm »
Hi Guys & Gals.

I'm currently in the process of starting up a mobile car valeters and I was wondering is anyone could share their knowledge of which pressure washer is ideal.  I'll be taking my own supply of water with me, but i've heard that I'll need a washer with some kind of suction pump to draw the water from the tank. is this true and if so which washers should i be looking at? is it possible to use a normal pressure washer off a mobile water supply? e.g. a £100 karcher one?
cheers ewveryone.

eValet

Mike_Boxall

Re: Which pressue washer
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 05:25:07 pm »
Hi

Are you really going to set up a professional car valeting business with a £100 pressure washer? (if I was going to be sarcastic I might suggest you stick your finger over the end of a hose pipe and save yourself the £100! - but I'm not like that)  ;)

All you can get for £100 is a small domestic electric machine which would be entirely unsuitable for what you need. How are you going to power it? You will either need to use your customers electricity supply (not very practical or professional) or you'll need to buy a generator which is likely to cost another few hundred pounds (and which you could put towards a commercial machine).

I do know people who have started with (and moved on quite quickly from)  a cheap and cheerful domestic machine just to get them going but if it was me I'd want the right machine from the start. Buying anything else will just mean you spend much more time doing the job and will make you uncompetitive.

To answer your question though, pretty much any machine will draw it's own water if it can be gravity fed (ie the level of the pressure washer is lower than the water supply)

The electric is the big problem.......

Here is our range of machines:
http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/pressurewashers/551000.html

Regards

Mike

mobile valeting & Power wash Services

Re: Which pressue washer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 08:34:44 pm »
Being in the trade so to speak the better the washer the easier the job, At present I carry 3 washers in my van a Karcher HDS1000 BE, for the heavy work(drinks loads of water)
A 5hp petrol for the fleet work and a small Karcher electric domestic washer for private valets, you will need a generator anyway for your hoovers if just starting out go for the smaller one first as  bigger is not allways better, dont be fooled by the get rich quick ideas club it is a hard slog but worth it in the end best of luck in your new venture
Malky
Power Wash,polish & shine