Paula

Steam Cleaners?
« on: July 15, 2004, 12:06:03 am »
I have just brought a hand held steam cleaner as it was on special offer, only to find no instruction on what all the different brushes and attachments are for? I know you can use them for grease and mold removal but I'm sure they must have other uses.
Please help!!!!  ???
[/color]

Dynafoam

Re: Steam Cleaners?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:25:22 pm »
Paula,

Firstly, the text colour you have chosen may match your eyes, but can be glaring to the reader.

Assuming you refer to the small steam pistol, the normal range of attatchments are:

Jet - Used for blasting grease from awkard corners in kitchens etc. can also be used with care for the removal of  candle wax and chewing gum from carpets and hard surfaces.

Brush - Fits onto the jet nozzle to provide agitation, usefull for stuborn grease deposits and mould removal from grouting.

Scraper - may fit onto jet nozzle or have its' own jet. Provides a scraping action of chewing gum removal and to loosen stuborn deposits on flat surfaces.

Open nose - provides a non-jetted supply of steam. used for window cleaning, curtain steaming etc.

Squeegee - self explanatory.

Cautionary note

When used on any soft furnishing these devices can cause major damage. If you are unsure of the thermal tollerance of a fibre, it is safer not to use this device. Care should be taken to prevent injury to the user and anyone else - steam is very hot stuff.

John.

Paula

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 03:19:37 pm »
Thanks for the tips I will try it out at home befo :-*re I take it into anyones elses home!!!
Paula

juliebenn

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:11:05 pm »
HI which steam cleaner is best for cleaning bathroom / kitchen wall tiles as i'm thinking of buying one and i'm not sure which one to buy

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:54:36 pm »
Depends on your budget. £10's, £100's or £1000 plus

I have a Polti Vaporetto with tools which is very good.
Probably about £250
You can get a proper steam iron to attach as well - lots of powerful steam - knocks wrinkles out

carpet guy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »
If you want a pro standard cleaner you will need something like Osprey offer, there are quite a few others, some vacuum as well, which can be useful on some jobs.

rob