windowswashed

Re: Extreme or Phantom...??
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:46 pm »
The overall pole circumference is smaller because the first section of these poles are smaller diameter than most poles. Wonder when Facelift will start selling the clamps on their own as I have a very old 44ft Facelift carbon pole that needs new clamps fitted

Stephen Fox

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 11:40:02 am »
its ridiculous......extended length/closed length and weight should be standard for ANY pole manufacturer to display for us all to view..... ::)roll
Dazmond,

Weights, etc have been available for a while. We also have a printed catalogue with all the info, which was available at launch at the beginning of September.

We've put them on the main landing page for the Phantom range on our site (available here those interested - Phantom Poles) so it's a little easier to find. The above image posted by Gomo does have a typo in the closed length of the smaller poles, so should be disregarded.

For anything over 35ft, we've swapped the smaller first section found in the 18/22/25/30ft poles for a wider section. This greatly increases the rigidity  & strength of the poles when used at an extended height. There is a slight extra weight penalty, but the ease of use is increased greatly.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 12:54:39 pm »
its ridiculous......extended length/closed length and weight should be standard for ANY pole manufacturer to display for us all to view..... ::)roll
Dazmond,

Weights, etc have been available for a while. We also have a printed catalogue with all the info, which was available at launch at the beginning of September.

We've put them on the main landing page for the Phantom range on our site (available here those interested - Phantom Poles) so it's a little easier to find. The above image posted by Gomo does have a typo in the closed length of the smaller poles, so should be disregarded.

For anything over 35ft, we've swapped the smaller first section found in the 18/22/25/30ft poles for a wider section. This greatly increases the rigidity  & strength of the poles when used at an extended height. There is a slight extra weight penalty, but the ease of use is increased greatly.

thanks for that stephen...
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 12:56:50 pm »
It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has one of these new poles!

Until then, I'll stick with Gardiners, as they are tried and tested.

Also, the spec sheet doesn't instill a lot of confidence. Perhaps that's just me.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 08:11:57 pm »
To be honest it’s the clamps that make it good as with what Steve (exceed ) designs,  I feel it’s good

I felt it was worth the risk of cost to see , nothing ventured as they say

I’ve given the phantom 22 and 30  to staff to see what they can do, and so far there’s no wear  , after three months the SLX shows sign of wear with staff so we will see, if it last a year I’m happy, what I do like is you can order one with the flight kit and uni vale to be fitted

So it just saves me time buying two products from different suppliers and fitting it myself.

For me its the extreme, I’ve tried a 25 phantom hi mod and I prefer weight And balance of the Gardner’s extreme

If you could put Steve’s clamps on Alex’s pole there’s a combination I would like to try

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 08:38:27 pm »
I'm sure Alex is probably making a similarISH clamp design as we speak.

Used extreme's since launch date in 2011 so it's gonna take a special pole for me to swap  ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 11:45:57 am »
isnt that company in china producing the same clamps or something similar with inserts?

Stephen Fox

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 02:51:21 pm »
I'm sure Alex is probably making a similarISH clamp design as we speak.

Used extreme's since launch date in 2011 so it's gonna take a special pole for me to swap  ;D

There are some pretty tight parents filed on the Phantom clamps, so will be interesting to see if copycat features pop up in the future on any other manufacturers poles.

As you say, Extemes, etc have been around for many, many years so a new design for lateral clamps was well over due mainly to address the issue we see in the mature pole market we now have in the UK.

isnt that company in china producing the same clamps or something similar with inserts?

Yes, a video appeared two days after the Phantom made its debut of a Chinese clamp with an insert. Has to be noted it was only a CAD drawing on paper, no prototypes, etc. Did seem to have the element of ‘quickly knocked up’ about it.

As above with the IP. A specific material is used in the Phantom, rubber grips to much making it stick which is no good for the constant extending we see in day to day water fed pole use.

windowswashed

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 08:53:01 pm »
Can Steven Fox tell me what outer diameter measurements the 35 and 40ft poles are please both in carbon and hi carbon?