surrey pressure clean

Patio & Driveway Cleaning. Help!!!
« on: May 21, 2005, 10:08:40 pm »
 hi ya i have just started a driveway & patio cleaning company but i  have a problem with moving some of the black marks out of the slabs. I am using a honda 6.5hp petrol pressure washer 2500psi, 11 litres a min. I am going over all the black bits with just the lance just to get them out is there a solution to get them out.... cheers Chris

TERRY AB

Re: Patio & Driveway Cleaning. Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:02:40 pm »
I think the Pressure is OK, problem could be the Jets/nozzles you are using,
as much of the Pressure is lost when the water leaves the nozzles,
do you use a dirt blaster rotary nozzle ?.
Perhaps if you pre treated the black spots in advance (i.e. a day in advance)
using  something like this http://store.everyday-essentials.co.uk/acatalog/Restoring_Dull_Paving_Stones.html
I used in the past a floor desinfectant product; which breaks and kills these stains over night.

pressure point

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:09:01 pm »
hi chris, just wondering if you solved your problem with getting rid of the black markes from flags? if so would be greatfull if you pass it on as i am having the same problems. many thanks, dan.

dougster

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 03:28:56 pm »
I have been cleaning drives for a couple of years know with a powerwasher, and i used to have the same problems on yorkshire stone flags or indian stone.and also when u use too much pressure the stone breaks up and the cement around the outsides of the flags break up, and then you get unhappy customers.so one day i was at this big farm where i clean windows, and i seen the farmer using hypoclorate on his flags. and he swore by it. so i seaked where to buy it from and tryed the method out myself.
 [b]method[/b]
  I  put the chemical in a watering can, and sprinkle  on the flags. I then use a big stiff brush to to make sure it is all over.Wear protective clothing and gloves and goggles.if not it will burn your skin.
 I tend to leave these jobs for when it is due to rain as the chemical needs time to work and then the rain to wash it all off.but dont get it on plants or grass as it will kill them.and make sure you warn the customers that they are not to walk on it and then walk through there house as they will have white footprints where they have been,  that will not come off
. after doing the jobs i usually leave and they think that they have paid u for nothing but, as i found out everytime i go back to a job to do there windows. They are allways so happy with what i have done, and ask me what it is. I say its some chemical i buy from the cleaning place i go, so remember to take the labels of the tubs before going to a job,or they will just go and purchase it them selves,then they wont need you next year,if you need any more imfo feel free to email me dougies49@hotmail.com

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 02:49:24 pm »
These black marks are on buff coloured flags?
I come across this a lot and just using hot water brings them off for me.

Tropicman

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 05:04:47 pm »
hi ya i have just started a driveway & patio cleaning company but i  have a problem with moving some of the black marks out of the slabs. I am using a honda 6.5hp petrol pressure washer 2500psi, 11 litres a min. I am going over all the black bits with just the lance just to get them out is there a solution to get them out.... cheers Chris
      Hi chris' what you need to do is get some patio acid remover, wet the suface first then apply the acid wait half hour then wash off it may need two go's.
ok mate

from
kevin @shineandgo.com

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 05:07:32 pm »
Hi Kevin Glad you found us.
                                       Gary