wayne zabel

Air Movers
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:33:28 pm »
Hi Guys, just a question to all you experienced guys regarding air movers.

Basically do you think they are a requirement for general carpet and upholstery cleaning and how many of you actually use them on a daily basis?

Thanks

Wayne

Re: Air Movers
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:38:29 pm »
I use the whole room air mover and a snail for upholstery/stairs. I use them only occasionally now I have a decent porty, but I use them every time for upholstery!

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:47:06 pm »
Some cleaners sell there service on the basis that the carpets WILL be dry within a certain time frame. They use air movers and even to the point of leaving them and calling back some time later.
I personally dont use one very often, but I do have a good portable and a good truckmount and my clients seem happy with the fact there carpets should be dry within a few hours.
Suites - yes I do use them to aid the drying time but only while I am there, the last piece to get cleaned hardly gets any air mover time. I also benefit from the air mover on suites cause I ensure I get a cool blast as well - hate doing suites but when I get hot doing it as well then any comfort is a plus.
I got rid of the "high powered" expensive blowers and now rely on a £40 large 3 speed fan from Machine Mart. Works well, and on those very occassional really hot days I can use it in the house and not get everything blown around..

derek west

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:36:46 pm »
i used mine everyday until last week, now i give my clients the option not to have rapid drying and therefore they can save money. this is mainly on upholstery, i've got more hits using this policy and i save half an hour on the job, so still get paid the same and like i said, i get more upholstery work because of it.
win win. just how i like it.
derek

ps... wouldn't be without one.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »

I think an airmover is something you really need to get as soon as you cam afford it.

I hate lugging the snail out, but feel it's essential for upholstery.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »
Have just taken an old one to the tip ::)

A handy tool to have mark and just used mine on 3 jobs today..

Great for upholstery too an some of the snail blowers are easy to tilt if you have fixed cushions an want to get em dry:)

richy27

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:21:39 pm »
I always have mine in the van rarely use for carpets bt almost always for upholstery.

markpowell

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:59:47 pm »
i got 2 and never use them, if you want to buy one Wayne i will take £50, its a 1hp with 3 speed settings.
Mark

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:59 pm »
I carry two with me all the time.

So it's one for each hand when carrying them in makes for me being more balanced.

Mainly use them on upholstery.

It'll partly boil down to how much space you have in your vehicle.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

chrisjohn

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 05:28:11 pm »
Although they do take up a large area in the van,I always have it with me.Good piece of kit to have.Use mine on a regular basis.

james roffey

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »
Always use mine, until last week when i put it on only to watch a picture fall of the wall  :o and break the picture was not even in the firing line or the fan on more than it lowest setting, but it disturbs so much air it fell off,  went out replaced the glass  customer fine but frightened to use it now how many houses dont have any pictures on the wall i actually said to the last customer that it could happen just to cover myself they do speed drying though especially on upholstery

sherco

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
I would of thought this time off year as people don't want there windows and doors open to aid drying times it would be a must, or do they shut all the windows and wind the central heating up and get loads of condensation.... ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 07:12:20 pm »
I’ve sold about 14 in the last two years and invested the money in a decent hand tool and wand. Still got four use them on rugs.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:47 pm »
Used to use two all the time on upholstery but never bother now that we have the Drimaster tool.

Just bought 4 Truvox ones off ebay for next to nothing mainly for flood work.  I'm now after some of the down-draft blowers

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:41:56 pm »
Great bit of kit to have on the van.
Just done a three storey house cleaned the suite and lounge carpet stuck two blowers in.
Then cleaned all the other room, packed up lounge and suite snuff dry customer LOVED it.
However since going TM drying times have been really quick.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 09:56:09 pm »
Ian

That’s old hat the one on the block is http://www.crwsupply.com/index.html?item_num=AW58

Tony

On the van? Mine are in the shed or garages got three

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 10:06:59 pm »
Len BIG VAN  8) 8)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Ian Rochester

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:24 pm »
Len,

Is there anyone in the UK doing them, looks very similar in performance to the Drimaster

scrubarug

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 05:48:28 am »
Hi Wayne
allways use my air mover when doing upholstery
definate results on drying time
Looks professional when in custy's house
Another good talking point for them to pass on to friends and family
Generating repeat work and referrals
Steve

Len Gribble

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 07:55:29 am »
Ian

Not yet cfr for me

Tony

Thought you were going eco all that weight ;) ;)

Len