wayne zabel

3 working days before Xmas and.............
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:34 pm »
Ive had my 8th call in 2 days asking for carpets to be cleaned.

Latest one at 7pm tonight

One guy called yesterday and was most annoyed that I couldn't fit him in and asked me why I didn't do weekends.

I had to point out that I had 3 jobs for Saturday.

Anyone else getting these calls from the crazy public?

Richard Cole

Re: 3 working days before Xmas and.............
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 09:56:25 pm »
Never had a fantastic December but this year has been pretty busy although phone calls have died down a bit the last week. I have had a few calls like this though, "oh its only a couple of carpets, can you fit me in, today or tomorrow"  Then they get a bit up set when i say i'm fully booked and taking bookings from 5th January.  Got 3 large jobs booked to do over Monday and Tuesday, then on holiday from 24th Dec till 25th Jan, first year i can say I've already earn't enough to keep going through January and last month i had saved enough to pay my tax bill in January. I've probably turned away around £400 -£500 worth of work this week because i'm already fully booked till the 23rd.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

steve prince

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 07:33:03 am »
Every day Wayne
I stopped booking in work last week and like rich Im finishing on the 23rd !
I've had enough  ;D
Got 2 big bloody pubs in the new year, but should be easier now with the beast  ;)

Merry Christmas all 

Alby

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 08:53:38 am »
Had 4 calls last night, unbelievable 1 was to rearrange a time for today. You see she still had shopping to do, could I go around about 4 this afternoon, sorry no  I said
Why not she asked,  well because I said I only fitted you in this morning as a favour, and also the match is on this afternoon, She then tells me I should get my prioritys right, pardon I said, she said watching the match instead of working. Starting to get annoyed now, as Atlantis is starting.
I said, even if I didn't want to watch the match, I simply can't do the job tomorrow afternoon.
Why she asked, because you live a 100 yards from the ground,, I simply can't park the van, I said it was pushing it parking outside  yours at 9 am, oh she said you won't be able to park outside mine, why not you have a parking permit, I have she said but I rent it out on match days, How was I supposed to do the job then? I asked, she said thought you could drop your gear off and park somewhere else.
I'm counting to ten at this point about to slam the phone down when she said OK can you come on Monday about 6, no I said I'm booked up till Christmas Eve, how about Tues after 6, no what part of I'm fully booked up till Christmas Eve don't you understand she then said...
Well I'll have to phone someone else then seen as you've let me down.  :o

I hung up and slamed my phone down so hard I cracked the screen.  :'(

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:58 am »
Was booked 8 am till 1 yesterday , had 2 calls in the morning ,so ended up working until 4 , make hay while the sun shines.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

tim handley

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:33:13 pm »
last day tomorrow..... then its family time!         

Alby

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
Finish tomorrow about 3 pm,  then back in Saturday morning.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »
Had a call at 2 pm on Chistmas Eve once. She got really snotty when I said no.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 09:38:14 pm »
I've just had one about 2-3 minutes ago wanting a suite and thru lounge and Hsl cleaning tomorrow or wednesday, I've delicately explained that it would have to be in the new year now to which the reply was 'I'll keep ringing around until I find someone' I wished them merry Xmas and good luck.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »
Im out all day tomorrow and christmas eve morning
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »
finished on the 19th and don't intend to answer the phone again until 5th Jan. first 2 weeks booked up in January so happy to switch off and have a really good xmas break
accept for doing this of course while the missus watches Buble!

wayne zabel

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
My problem is that as a relative newbie (4 years) I get loads of jobs in December but only 2 for after that.the same year on year

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 07:45:39 am »
Wayne I don't have a single job booked in after today nothing for January.

It's the same every year, people say they have weeks booked up for January I never do.

Come the 1st work day of the new year I will start getting calls and will be steady for Jan & Feb.

I've worked 7 days a week over the last 2 months I now accept if the diary is empty it's a temporary situation, the phone will ring
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 08:17:42 am »
Wayne,
One man's 'booked up' is another man's quiet week, so I wouldn't get too disheartened reading things like that, especially if you start thinking you must have done something wrong. January's can be unpredictable but often turn out to be quite busy depending on what the weather does.

Simon

tim handley

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 09:05:33 am »
end of the day, if i get a phone call/e mail enquiry, and its worthwhile ill go out whenever needed except xmas day....................

Neil Jones

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »
Phone call 3pm this afternoon wanting full house done. Crazy. Tbf I could have actually done it tomorrow but I want the day off, if I accept the job where does it end?

Out of interest, I was discussing with my mate yesterday, how much would it take for you to go out for a stain removal on Christmas Day?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 05:15:32 pm »
£250
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

steve prince

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »
£50 and a Christmas dinner  ;D

Emil Dinev

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 11:03:02 am »
Wouldn't do it on Xmas day no matter how much i am being offered

Neil Jones

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:11 am »
I always consider Christmas Day to be the one day in the whole year where my phone won't ring for a work related issue, its quite relaxing. I said about £1000 but I probably would do it for £500. I'd feel bad taking the money tho.