wayne zabel

Not about CC but can I ask.......
« on: March 31, 2011, 04:58:57 pm »
Im about to undertake my annual jet wash of the patios and paths at home......Just wondering is there anything in our armoury as CC that will help loosen the dirt on the flags (as us northerners call them - slabs to you southerners)

Ive seen stuff in the DIY shops but Id rather use some of my own chems if they will be OK

Peter Sweeney

Re: Not about CC but can I ask.......
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »
fairy liquid, hot water and a yard brush (similar process really)

clinton

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »
Just done mine a few weeks ago i used jayes patio cleaner and as pete said fairy n brush n water n rinsed well...

garybristow

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:21:30 pm »
just jet wash with commercial pressure washer,you wont need chemical
Gary Bristowclean

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:35 pm »
What's the best stuff to get oil off my tarmac ???

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:59:01 am »
Don't think you will Colin, the stuff that binds your tarmac together is made from oil so remove one you'll remove both and you'll just have loose stones left!

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:09:11 am »
I'll just pop some dry sand on it then... Cheers Jim....

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 02:04:31 pm »
Water pressure without any chemicals from an industrial machine should remove most dirt. The only thing you may have trouble with is oil. I purchased some citrus concentrate from John and lynn Kelly at Restormate and it works a treat! You will not be able to remove synthetic oils however.

JandS

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:00 pm »
Was going to ask the same question Colin ;D

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

jasonl

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 04:09:12 pm »
I had a job a few months ago in a brand new carpark , a truck leaked oil on the tarmac .

I used fleetkleen from spillaway , it was about 120 plus vat for about 20 litres  which was the minimum order . I used about 2 litres , and the rest is just sat in the garage.

It worked really well , sprayed it on , brushed it in and instantly there was black foam where the oil was absorbed into the chemical, I extracted it up ,and once dry there was no trace of the oil.

If you message me on FB Colin I will send you some.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:20 pm »
Sounds interesting!

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:29:21 pm »
They do an amazing line of products , they kind of eat oil , I wish I had more work that would use their products .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:58 pm »
Just had a look at their website...

This product utilises Bioremedial technology to literally "eat" grease, oil, and hydrocarbons off any hard surface. The process uses naturally occurring, harmless micro-organisms with specially formulated bio-surfactants to degrade hydrocarbons. FleetKleen™ contains no solvents and is non-flammable. It is non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-corrosive and non-caustic

Sounds very similar to the way certain colloidal products are described....

This unique product [....] provides a solution for environmentally aware companies and customers who appreciate and understand the need to use non-toxic, eco-friendly solutions in the cleaning process. Manufactured from 100% natural plant based materials.

XXXXXXXX Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, is:

* Derived from renewable/sustainable sources
    * Fully Biodegradable
    * Exhibits anti-bacterial & anti-viral properties thanks to its unique natural-molecular cleaning action.
    * Non-toxic to humans and pets
    * Non-toxic to aquatic life
    * Non-reactive with chemicals, such as chlorine bleach
    * Non-caustic - Non-combustible - Non-corrosive - Non-flammable - Non-fuming - Non-hazardous - Non-polluting

Not sure if colloids could be classed as "micro-organisms" or why the dilution is so different, but could it be the same sort of thing?

John Milnes

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 09:13:38 pm »

I'm about to do my patio soon and will use bleach to kill the moss. First scrubbed in by hand and then use a jet washer. Done 2 or 3 times a year it will leave it good as new. Same with decking, it will bleach out any disscolouration