TVCS

coshh ???
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:06:43 pm »
Hi folks.  just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice on COSHH.  We have a cleaning contract with a local small factory, just cleaning the office and staff canteen.  We have supplied all the materials safety data sheets for the items we use.  Came home today and we have a message asking for our COSHH assessments of these materials, and all relevant training records. 

The thing is, we havent done a COSHH assessment.  What is a COSHH assessment and do you need training to do it.

In the new year we are looking to take on some staff to handle this type of work as it is a new part to our business which we managed to pick up by luck.  So in the new year if the staff are not trained we will be embarking on some courses.  Can anyone recommend any good courses to get up to scratch? 

Thanks for any input,
 Anthony (head scratching as i type)
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

BDCS

Re: coshh ???
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:19:56 pm »
Care of substances hazardous to health - COSH it looks at storage, use and any detrimental circumstances arising out of its use. If you've got data sheets you will be able to sort it without too much grief, I'm no expert but this will be a member of staff reviewing documents, ask them to help !

dianegreenwood

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:57:41 pm »
go to http://www.coshh-essentials.org.uk/

You can do an online coshh assessment for each of your products.  You'll need the data sheets with you to do it but you can save each one as a pdf then print em out.

Sorted!

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:35 am »
thanks a huge amount both. 
will have a look on line this evening.  Should be able to get it all sorted for our next visit .
Ant
TVCS

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:06:38 pm »
Thanks Diane.  All sorted now. 
Just got to finish my R.A and H&S Policy.

dianegreenwood

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
 you is most welcome  ;D

BDCS

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »