TVCS

What hoover?
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:58:09 pm »
Hello folks.

What hoovers / vacs would you guys recommend?  Been doing void cleans and EOT's for a while now and was thinking of getting a couple of new vacs. 

Been using Dysons till now.  I know most people hate them but they have been great.  Before I go and buy another couple I thought I would see what other types / makes of vac people use.  I have used Henrys before but hate the bag changing that goes with it. 

Any replies or opinions greatfully received. 

Ta
Ant
TVCS

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

TVCS

Re: What hoover?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 07:52:00 am »
I guess no-one uses vacs or hoovers then. ;D   ;D

Never mind, I'll get another dyson.

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:48 am »
Hi 

I've always used henrys and i have hardly ever used a bag, one of my henrys is over 5 years old.

Regards

Martin 8)

chloejayne

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:27:22 am »
Nilfisk for me, expensive but never gos wrong, sucks up everything now 5 years old and still going strong! Am looking into henry range just because my daughter loves the different colours  ;D

charlady

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:14:06 pm »
i use dyson and henry but much prefer the dyson

Normanj

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 06:52:17 pm »
Dyson for me  :)
Norman - www.domesticcleaningaylesbury.co.uk

A local business for local people.

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »
try sebo their brilliant but more expensive than your henry type
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:18:42 pm »
I use a Henry and the Hetty at home (It's the pink one!).... I have used the Nilfisk for car valetting before, superb machines! Sebo are meant to be the dogs too!

mrsmops

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:00:49 am »
Dyson for me too. only disadvantage i find to the dyson is it's a bit on the heavy side.

;D

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:05:39 am »
We had a dyson years ago and I was sick of buying new handles for it... They look nice though ;D

charlady

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:52 pm »
As mentioned before I use both Dyson & Henry.
I feel the Dyson is best for carpeted floors it seems to pick up dirt & debris left behind by the Henry, the only downside is having to empty it often.
The Henry is good for non-carpeted floors.

Griffus

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:11 am »
We have several Numatic NRV 200-22 (the same as Henry in all but name but looks a little more professional, and has an extra 2.5 metres of cable). We have various colours. One colour for each team to keep it simple. I would pay no more than £80 for a new one of these.

We also have a Numatic NVQ570-22. This is a super vacuum but quite heavy to carry up stairs. Easy to use and the weight isn't an issue when in use as it glides easily on its high quality castors. It also has great suction. We use this on first stage builders cleans as it is bagless. I would pay no more than £210 for one of these.

Finally we have a Sebo BS36 which we use for jobs where we like to make a good impression. This performs so much better than any Dyson that is out there. It will definitely set you apart from the average Joe. I can not understand anyone turning up with a Dyson as straight away the customer must wonder how you are going to do a better job with the same vacuum as they own. First impressions go a long way in this game.

I have seen these for sale on a couple of sites for as little as £210 (inc VAT and delivery) at the minute and so similar prices to the more expensive Dysons out there. At this price it's a no brainer. If buying Sebo remember that attachments are extra. I would also recommend that you buy an extension hose for stairs and upholstory.

dandandan

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:04:21 pm »
dysons £99 in makro ex vat

drive surgeon

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 05:52:15 pm »
alright dan dan dan where have you been?  haver you paked the cleaning in?  or are you chokker block?

dandandan

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »
Started back up today,put ads in for the season,cos thats what the driveway cleaning is,seasonal,but i was warned,anyway did first 2 jobs today and priced 3 so with a bit of luck i might be off to a good early start.Haven`t done sweet fa since october,didn`t get started till june either.

TVCS

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 10:43:40 am »
I can not understand anyone turning up with a Dyson as straight away the customer must wonder how you are going to do a better job with the same vacuum as they own. First impressions go a long way in this game.

The properties that weclean dont have tennants in.  They are void housing association properties so I'm not trying to impress anyone here.  I am keen to find a good hoover that can cope with a lot of dust and builders mess, like dry plaster and the like. 

The dysons I use do the job but if there is a lot of thick dust from say, sanding down plaster work then the filters tend to clog up reall quick. 

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 12:05:29 pm »
I've been looking into buying a top of the range SEBO, but to be honest I'm more than happy with the Numatic!

KLEEN-ZONE

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 10:29:13 pm »
Numatic every time, would never consider a dyson.

BDCS

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 09:04:50 am »
Sebo BS

TVCS

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 10:28:51 pm »
Thank s for the imput people. 

Will probably get a numatic for now ( for work)  and maybe look into getting or at least trying a Sebo ( they seem highly rated) later on.

BDCS

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:02 pm »
Got the one we use at home from ebay for a somewhat modest sum ;D

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 02:22:33 pm »
DYSON........are you lot running a business or what...you can`t turn up on a job with a dys...on...the job. 

" henry can`t be bothered with the bag changing" yer cos thats such hard work and takes so long..........???????

Numatic vacuums for everyday general use, Sebo for everything else. Thats just the way it is.................... ;)

Dyson????omg what has happened to this forum........

TVCS

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 07:59:17 pm »
Whats the problem with a dyson being used in an empty property that has no carpets, just floor boards?   Like I have said before.  I am not trying to impress the custy, as they arent there.  empty house. 

I am merely trying to find out what other people would recommend.   

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »
dysons are made for the domestic market, they are weak, break easy and cost as much as a Sebo. so why not buy a sebo

chloejayne

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 04:03:27 pm »
I Had a pet dyson, cost me £200 +, blow up in 2 years!

Ps no it didnt blow up cause i sucked up my dog!!!  ;D

Griffus

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 08:44:22 pm »
TVCS

You asked for opinions to help you decide.

Have they helped or not?!

Regards

KLEEN-ZONE

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:13 pm »
Whats the problem with a dyson being used in an empty property that has no carpets, just floor boards?   Like I have said before.  I am not trying to impress the custy, as they arent there.  empty house. 

I am merely trying to find out what other people would recommend.   

Professional equipment for a professional job, not over priced domestic rubbish (Dyson)

TVCS

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »
Well thank you people for the replies and advice. 

Ian, I am going down the numatic road I beleive.  I guess the dysons that I have used have done a good enough (professional?) job in the past as we have just picked up a new contract through the HA we work for.  But The conditions of the properties are so bad      ( never any carpets) it seems a waste of time having an 'over priced' domestic machine that is designed for carpet cleaning.  So a more industrial machine would be better suited. 

As Sebo's go.  I am very keen to try one so will probably get one for home to see if they live up to the hype.

Thanks again