TVCS

My whirly wheels
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:36:03 pm »

Hi folks.   
Been really busy on block paving over the last 3 -4 weeks and despite keeping my gear pretty well looked after, greasing, and cleaning etc 2 of the castors / wheels on my whirlaway are knackered. 

I dont know why but the bearings are just locked solid.  In desperation tried washing them all out with petrol then regreasing them up but they are still shot.  A right pain in the neck when trying to get a drive done when the whirly bopper is acting like a shopping trolly. ;D   Anyone recommend a good supplier of new wheels / castors?

Thanks in advance peeps
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

drive surgeon

Re: My whirly wheels
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:43:24 am »
try dual pumps.co.uk or slater technical services in atherton near bolton, just google it, i know they sell whirlaways, or just google whirlaway but under uk, this will give suppliers who should be able to get hold of castors quickly, maybe you could order some spares from merril fox too when you have your new ones from the uk. ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:11:09 am »
i would go with dual pumps , my old ones bearings all seized like yours ordered new ones from dual pumps and they are a lot better quality have no bearings they have been on for 2 years now and no problems.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 11:27:50 am »
Don't bother to grease them as the grease grabs the sand, just wash them out when you clear up

drivewasher

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:32:34 am »
Dual pumps do a modified better quality castor. it has no grease nipple and is better than the origonal

As mentioned an agent of dual pumps will also have or be able to get em, like Slaters

I have a set of the origonals with nipples if you wana buy em, depends where you are I suppose
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:41:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies chaps, ( sorry for delay in getting back on here)   
I think I'll order the nipple free ones.  Thanks for the offer drivewasher but I think I'll get on to dual pumps.
Thanks again for the replies.
Ant
TVCS

TVCS

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »
Hi guys,
Been on the dual pumps web site and cant locate the wheels mentioned in the above post.   ???
Or will they just be in the catalogue. 

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 09:24:12 pm »
hi tvcs,

ring slater techinacal ask for steve hayles tell him mark laycock told you to he will give you a good deal on them.
mark

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 10:03:46 pm »
Cheers Mark, are they the original wheels or the nippleless ones.  Do you have a nuumber?

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 03:30:20 pm »
you can get both steve told me to change the nipple ones.   .have a chat with steve 07976709408

mark
mark

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:40 pm »
Thanks MArk, Spoke to Steve this afternoon and some new wheels are on there way.  hurah