TVCS

Void properties.
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:21:43 pm »
Hi all.   

Been in touch with a load of local councils / housing associatios etc recently regarding extreme cleaning of properties.

Received a call today from one of them asking me to attend a meeting with one council property services to discuss their cleaning requirements of their VOID properties. 

This work is something we would like to get into but wanted to run a few things past you experts regarding the details of cleaning these 'void' properties.
 I think it is cleaning housing association properties in between tenents but if anyone has more details or info it would be greatfully received.

The one thing they wish to discuss is a pricing structure.  Now surly it will vary from size of property and the condition it is in? ???

Hope this makes sense,  been in the sun too long today ;D

Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

The Great One

Re: Void properties.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:42:58 pm »
Hi

Pricing is going to depend on how dirty it is, what mess is in there.

It is going to be different say for a property left in a resonable state (oven, sanitation of bath, toilet etc, worktops etc) than one where they have used every square inch of the floor as a toilet and rubbish dump.

As with the latter you will need to charge to get rid of the rubbish, clean and rip anything out that is contaminated. I would be going in at around £50 an hour min.

Regards

Martin 8)

craig b

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:54:36 pm »
ant i worked for a company called www.orbisplc.com cleaning voids . i have a pricing structure and other info that might help.if you want send me your address i will post it.
craigbenson@clean24.co.uk

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:26:19 am »
that sounds good craig.  Thank you.  I'll email my details.
Thanks

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 08:27:06 am »
Martin, do you do said cleans?

The Great One

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 11:01:59 am »
Hi

Around 98% of my work is EOT, usually student.

Needless to say they are not the cleanest of people and that's being generous. My last one they had decided to store a years rubbish in the shed instead of putting it out for the binman, I re-bagged and had it removed. 

Not a bad earner for 6 hours work, I cleaned all woodwork (steam cleaner) bathroom, kitchen, 1 carpet and back yard.

Regards

Martin 8)

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:14:40 am »
Some of those properties are not safe to even walk in to. I was cleaning the windows on a flat in Ruislip a couple of weeks ago and a van pulls up behind mine. The van had something like "Hillingdon Contract Services" on the side.

A man gets out and says good morning, pulls out some keys and opens up the flat below the one I was cleaning. He went in but came out a minute later and said "Blimey mate come and have a look at this"

I went in, briefly, to have a look. The smell was vile, the whole flat was indescribably filthy and there were hundreds of empty rum bottles everywhere.

The flat wasn't even owned by the council, they own very few, but they were renting it. An alcoholic bloke had been living there and then had died. I don't know he had died in the flat or not.

Without going into details, apart from the fact that the bloke must have been living worse than a pig the effects of advanced alcoholism are incontinance and uncontrolable vomiting as your liver packs up. Enough said?

If you want to clean up those sort of places, fair enough because thats what you could be getting into.

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 12:05:53 pm »
Hmm, cha-ching!

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:59 pm »
you know the old saying.  Where theres muck,  sick, p155, sh17 and mould, theres money. ;) ;)

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 02:53:51 pm »
Craig, thanks for the info VERY usefull indeed.  MAny thanks again,
Ant

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 10:49:51 pm »
If you remove the rubbish yourself you need a waste tranfer licience and must not take it to household waste site

pro-clean

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 11:57:15 am »
If you remove the rubbish yourself you need a waste tranfer licience and must not take it to household waste site

The law is actually quite strict concerning waste and if your using a commercial vehicle and for instance you were to have 3 empty 5 ltr carpet cleaning containers in your vehicle in the eyes of the law your a producer of waste and their fore should have a transfer licence, those containers should not be placed in your domestic bin, sounds a little strict but any business that produces waste and moves it from A to B should hold a transfer licence.

Other waste such as computer monitors, t v's (electrical), fridges, flouscent lights, tyres, batteries, sharps (syringes) come under special or hazardouse waste and require a hazardous waste licence which are available from the environmental for a small fee, all waste must be covered by a consignment note  :)

Ant concerning consignment notes we can fax you a copy through if you have difficult filling them out but they may differ from area to area
Cheers
Richie
Cleaning ..it for a living

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 08:16:37 pm »
Glad I only do void cleaning on carpets and it’s a private tm ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)