Turriff cleaning

here we go again
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:46:08 pm »
sorry about this peeps, I know you're sick of hearing this but here goes. today I was asked to give my first quote so went on a recce. Anyway there are 3 offices 1 kitchen area, men's loos, shower block, laundry room and entrance way. This place hasn't had proper cleaners in for abt 2 years, one of the workers has been doing loos and kitchen. I reckon on myself and one other body 4 hours per day for 3 days. this will be for a good deep clean, walls, stairs, skirtings etc. After that I will be going on my own 5 days a weeks for abt 3hrs per day for general houskeeping and maintaining  clean environment as they have a lot of contractors in and out.
next year the place is set to expand as far as the offices go and there will be another floor to cover.
I thought maybe abt £480 for the 3 initial days as there is an awful lot of scrubbing and sanitising to do thereafter £9.50 per hour for the regular cleaning. I don't know whether I am asking too much as it is possibly a good long term contract and I don't want to put them off. They are a fairly large company which has other operations abroad does this usually equal a willingness to pay for quality or the opposite? I would appreciate any feedback many thanks
Norma

Paul Kettless

Re: here we go again
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:30:38 pm »
It is very hard to say Norma, but usually large companies do not bat an eyelid at the cost, especially if it is a place with contractors.  We have a local engineering company that is well known by most of the local cleaning companies, none of us will touch them for love nor money.

The blokes are a bunch or animals, the urinals, kitchen etc were appalling, we lasted on the job for a couple of monrths, and ended the contract as staff refused to work in the building.

Your hourly rate is fine, if not a tad low for the type of work that you are considering.  your inintial clean price to me is a bit high, I would be charging nearer the £400 mark, but the area you live maybe more viable than mine.

Hope this help

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Turriff cleaning

Re: here we go again
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:54:15 am »
Hi Paul
Thanks for that I will take it on board. I added a bit on 'cos it's 56 mile round trip per day.
Thanks again for answering
Norma :)