TVCS

ITS GONE GREEN
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:13:26 pm »
Hello one and all.
Just one small question. 
Back in october we cleaned a concrete drive, just using our whirlaway and a lance.  Nothing too unusual there.  But the whole area has taken on a green tinge to it now.  It took a couple of months to start but it is quite noticeable now.  (luckily it is the drive of a family member so no complaints) 
All other concrete drives or paths that we have done seem to be fine.
HAs other cleaners had this problem.  Would a spraying with some sort of anti-fungal or anti bac be the solution.  The drive in question is south facing so it is in the shade most of the day so perhaps that has helped in it turning turtle coloured.

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

DP

Re: ITS GONE GREEN
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:56:31 pm »
Its probably an algae which is much more common in the summer months. There are a few products that will deal with this and no doubt others on here will advise. I tested a product last year that nothing will stick too and is being tested on river signs and banks, lampposts etc with brilliant results.

I sprayed all our paths and drives and boat with it last winter which would have normally been plagued with algae throughout the year, and there isn’t a sign of the algae returning with the exception of the traffic lane to the front door (where it has eventually worn off) This is the ideal candidate for all roofs as well.

The idea is to market it, but posting chemicals can be expensive as everybody knows.
I will be looking at the costings in the next few weeks, maybe I can get some samples out. 
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:01:37 pm »
is it near trees?
This is common,  winter months etc it happens.
Time to reclean it.
But if you do offer an algaecide then the customer pays for it.

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:08:06 pm »
Had thought about the re-clean option but I think that as it came up so quickly as in less than 2 months customers might prefer to pay a little extra to treat the area as apposed to having me come back. I`d go back every week if that is what they wanted, but it is something I need to look into.  I had initialy thought that I wouldn`t offer to treat areas as it may reduce the repeat custom from customers.  What is your general opinion on treating for algae etc
Thanks for the advice.

DP could you let me know how you get on as I am pretty interesred.  Would it be suitable for glass houses or tunnels?
Feel free to email me on
tvcsinfo@tiscali.co.uk
Many thanks
ANT

DP

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 09:46:18 pm »
TVCS (Ant)
Have sent email with a bit more info.

DP

exoclean

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
Hi DP,

If you can send me some info as well I will also be interested. Thanks.

Paul

Paul Forster

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 10:44:06 pm »
Remember that any run off into drains could land you with a fine. Sodium hyperclorite is available for £9 for 25 litres at agricultaural merchaants and sprayed on neat or at fifty percent dilution will do the trick. be sure to wear a proper face mask and respirator as this will burn your lungs else.

DP

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 11:40:51 pm »
Exoclean
Flipping heck your email server hates everyone, think I got it through on the 3rd different sender address.  ;)

keith b

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 06:00:40 pm »
DP,

Have tried to send to your email address but its not working!.

I look forward to recieving a sample in due course!

Regards

keith b

mark bowditch

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 07:51:33 pm »
Hi TVCS
Have a look at this linkas bio-chemical will do as you want haven't tried it as I'm not PW yet just setting up, if you do use it let me know how you get on.
http://www.brintonproducts.co.uk/framedset.htm?pro.php~mainFrame
All the best
Mark
Pressure Washing and Maintenance
http://www.grimeforce.co.uk

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 03:43:33 pm »
Many thanks to everyone for all replies and tips. cheers .
Ant TVCS

DP

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 07:30:23 pm »
Sorry keith B the server is down , I have changed my email address temporarily for now on profile, which is:

apsb05@dsl.pipex.com