Jon_Phelps

Re: Advice on cleaning inside a car showroom
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 03:24:03 pm »
I clean this and it has similar deep ledges on the inside to your picture.  I use a long unger pole to clean 3/4 of the top section.  Then use an A-frame pointer on a none slip rubber mat to finish the top windows, wipe sills etc and clean the tops of the lower window on the way round.  Then its simply a case of cleaning the rest of the lower pane from the safety of the ground floor and mopping up any excess water.  Job done.

Theres only 1 window I can't clean this way so I bought a few of the Gardiner indoor cleaning bits and adapt my wfp when needed but it's rubbish.  It's cleaner for sure, but smeary.  You can tell its been cleaned differently, it's never gotten any better and I clean it every 3 months.  it's quite frustrating because the rest is spotless! might try the meths approach on this window as mentioned above.

Don't turn down the internal work.  Its ideal on wet and miserable days.

andyM

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 05:44:32 pm »
Andy, can I just lightly spray the pad from the bottle? That was how I imagined it.

Yes you can.
But I prefer to use a damp traditional window cleaning mop to wet the window and then buff off with a dry vikan pad.
You use less vikan pads that way, and when they become too damp or dirty I change for another clean one.
I've used this method for years on regular work that have hard to reach interior office windows where desks, computer workstations, printers etc. prevent easy access to the windows to be able to use a mop and squeegee.
If done properly it will give an acceptable finish, and I've never had a complaint.
However for the first clean I would spend time getting up there with a mop and squeegee to give a thorough clean and then use the vikan on the high glass from then on.
One of the Plebs

Simon Trapani

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:08 am »
Ok thanks.