NWH

Re: Sorry To Bring This Up!
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2020, 10:42:07 am »
The only thing people have to be mindful of is that they may question is  why you say you needed the grant therefore don’t go out buying stupid things maybe just leave the money you’ve claimed alone,it makes no difference what anyone says no one knows what’ll happen between now and 18 months time 👍

AuRavelling79

« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2020, 05:27:27 pm »
For anyone feeling remotely uncomfortable claiming the second grant, I suggest you watch an episode of 'The Yorkshire Job Center'. You will probably have the form filled in and submitted before the episode has finished!! Then you will realise that your claim is equivalent to an atom in the Atlantic ocean. After which, when the penny drops that you are actually carrying these people, and have been for years, you will realise that you actually 'deserve' the grant, yep, you've earned it... and more!!
The entitled dregs of society feel absolutely zero shame in taking your taxes, and never will do!👍
It is nothing to do with that though is it.

It simply comes down to whether you fit fit the criteria outlined by HMRC.

Emotionally I do have to fight the feeling of "I've paid in all my life, have reached full 'stamp' and am now paying extra - also the feeling of they've raised the pension age - also they've raised my wife's pension age - and so I feel some entitlement"

However I have claimed both grants strictly upon what I believe the criteria to be. My wife has claimed grant one but not grant two and I agree with her assessment of her circumstances. It did fleetingly cross my mind to not claim grant two because I could get by without it and help out the country; but I felt that emotion and dismissed it too.
It's a game of three halves!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2020, 10:42:50 pm »
I cant make my mind up , wether to go for it or not . The wife says get it , the extra 7 k will go towards upgrading her Mercedes c class . She loves the one she has but her mate , they go out 3 times a week for dinner (Yorkshire for eating about 12ish ) and shopping round leeds and Wakefield, has just got a new audi . So she can’t be outgunned. But I have put my foot down . Gunna revamp the loft, electric doors , automatic feeders , heated perches , . What I have always promised myself if I win the lottery . The ultimate cat killer , with sliding doors straight into the ferret pen .

Craig 72

« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2020, 06:08:30 pm »
Sounds like I’m in the same boat as many others.Was umming and ahhing about going for the second one but when the “confirm” button was staring at me I went for it.Although I’m still earning my income has without doubt been affected adversely because of all the commercials I’ve temporarily lost and customers saying “can we leave it for now”.All of which I can provide proof for.Too good an opportunity to turn down and as others have said I’ll put it away for the time being on the chance that some of it will be clawed back somewhere down the line.

Shrek

« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24:45 pm »
So strange , my income has gone through the roof for me since lockdown finished . Im really struggling to fit jobs in now