Steve Newres

Re: DATABASE CLEAN UP- & my 15 Month Push to 80K
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »
LOL. its not a great posts it makes no sense what so ever, unfortunately when it comes to business talk its hard to be nice and honest at the same time, its why posts like these tend to be more of an backside kissing exercise than anything thats ever constructive.
Your never going to get off the tools unless your prepared to risk your time and more importantly your money, doesnt matter how wealthy the area is you work in.
If you want to employ then find the money to employ and do it now, next spend the spare time you now have getting enough work to keep your employee occupied, its as simple as that.
You are advocating the riskier way. The way I did it was to get to the point where I was 2 weeks behind and needed to employ to catch up. However you’ll never do it unless a: you canvass or leaflet in your spare time or b: pay someone to do it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 07:45:36 pm »
LOL. its not a great posts it makes no sense what so ever, unfortunately when it comes to business talk its hard to be nice and honest at the same time, its why posts like these tend to be more of an backside kissing exercise than anything thats ever constructive.
Your never going to get off the tools unless your prepared to risk your time and more importantly your money, doesnt matter how wealthy the area is you work in.
If you want to employ then find the money to employ and do it now, next spend the spare time you now have getting enough work to keep your employee occupied, its as simple as that.
You are advocating the riskier way. The way I did it was to get to the point where I was 2 weeks behind and needed to employ to catch up. However you’ll never do it unless a: you canvass or leaflet in your spare time or b: pay someone to do it.

I do agree to a point, but I do think if you want to get a good employee then you need to be able to offer a good fulltime position
from the off even if this means subsidising their wages until you have got enough work to cover the costs.
2 weeks out of 8 would still mean a shortfall of 6 weeks work to be made up out of your earnings until you get the extra work.

Steve Newres

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 08:05:18 pm »

I do agree to a point, but I do think if you want to get a good employee then you need to be able to offer a good fulltime position
from the off even if this means subsidising their wages until you have got enough work to cover the costs.
2 weeks out of 8 would still mean a shortfall of 6 weeks work to be made up out of your earnings until you get the extra work.
Not in my case because once I employed I did all the one offs I had been turning down and up sold fascia and conservatory cleans. With the new work coming in as well barely  caught up.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 08:13:14 pm »
Dryclean, do you have any experience in franchising? I am guessing the answer is no.
I am telling you it really is that simple. I am not saying its easy and everyone could do it, but it is a simple business model to follow.
To get back to £47 if he came off the tools he’d need to quadruple his work to just under £200k, correct?
Correct, that amount of work would be needed for him to be off the tools. Do you think the short stint of really hard work, first cleans, canvassing, leaflets etc would be worth it?
Lets say he could achieve it in 3 years, I think dazmond would love all the time off with the gf and playing music etc. Imagine if he did the same over the next 3 years!! Gets you thinking doesn’t it?  94k a year with very little input.
Very very achievable.

Dry Clean

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 08:19:31 pm »
Dryclean, do you have any experience in franchising? I am guessing the answer is no.
I am telling you it really is that simple. I am not saying its easy and everyone could do it, but it is a simple business model to follow.
To get back to £47 if he came off the tools he’d need to quadruple his work to just under £200k, correct?
Correct, that amount of work would be needed for him to be off the tools. Do you think the short stint of really hard work, first cleans, canvassing, leaflets etc would be worth it?
Lets say he could achieve it in 3 years, I think dazmond would love all the time off with the gf and playing music etc. Imagine if he did the same over the next 3 years!! Gets you thinking doesn’t it?  94k a year with very little input.
Very very achievable.

How does  he get £94k from £200k worth of work ? that would be nearly 50% commission, he's a focused hard working guy on
around £47k why would anybody do the same for £24k before costs ?

p1w1

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2017, 08:21:45 pm »
think he means 400k of work for 94k

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2017, 08:29:54 pm »
Correct, 3 years to 47k, 6 years to 94k.

Steve Newres

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2017, 08:34:37 pm »
If he employed he'd have far more.

Steve Newres

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2017, 08:35:39 pm »
And VAT. ;-)

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 08:46:04 pm »
If he employed he'd have far more.

I would say having to double his workload for the next 6 years would be more of a concern, lol.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2017, 08:55:24 pm »
And VAT. ;-)
Yes he should stop when his commission is a few grand a year off the vat level.

Marc Stock

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2017, 09:30:50 pm »
I cant resist

There is nothing wrong with his plan at all. Hes set a goal worked out what it will take to reach that goal. Its just getting on with it that matters. The way round he chooses to do things is up to him and does not make his plan idiotic in any way.

Dry clean you really are top of my list of people I would like to see removed from this forum. Not because you dont kiss ass but because you are just the most negative person here. Not a nice word to say about anything! Ever! You hide behind your fake name with no details of who you are, where your from, what your business is called. How do you know what should and shouldnt be done and in what order. Lets see something about you. What is your business website, lets all have a look at your level of success.

Stop hiding behind your fake name.... Lets all see who you are.

Stop crying Lee, off course you would want me removed as you would anybody else who can see through your nonsense,
there's nothing Iv said that cant be debated so instead of yapping why not debate the subject at hand and point out where or what Iv said which is wrong. (roll eyes).

Just to be clear I said his plan didn't make sense, I only said it was idiotic when it got a bit bitchy on both sides, for that I
apologize.

Dry Clean.

I am going to attempt to reply to you in the original language i started with.

You sir only like to do one thing. And thats to put people down. You enjoy telling people that their plans are stupid and flawed, you make assumptions about me and lee and others on this forum to publicise, pull apart and openly mock.

I have read through your historic posts they are all somewhat negative, insulting and frankly it shows unfortunately to me and others you are a very very unhappy individual.

I am not upset with you, i am not insulted by you. I care not what you think of me, what witty insults you can come up with. I find your posts sad, i feel sorry for you and those whom are connected to you.

I also concur with Lee i would also like to see you banned as you have nothing of actual importance or usefulness to add.

Marc Stock

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2017, 09:40:49 pm »
Hi Marc

What's the best email to get you on?

Cheers

Robbo
info@stockclean.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 09:48:15 pm »
I cant resist

There is nothing wrong with his plan at all. Hes set a goal worked out what it will take to reach that goal. Its just getting on with it that matters. The way round he chooses to do things is up to him and does not make his plan idiotic in any way.

Dry clean you really are top of my list of people I would like to see removed from this forum. Not because you dont kiss ass but because you are just the most negative person here. Not a nice word to say about anything! Ever! You hide behind your fake name with no details of who you are, where your from, what your business is called. How do you know what should and shouldnt be done and in what order. Lets see something about you. What is your business website, lets all have a look at your level of success.

Stop crying Lee, off course you would want me removed as you would anybody else who can see through your nonsense,
there's nothing Iv said that cant be debated so instead of yapping why not debate the subject at hand and point out where or what Iv said which is wrong. (roll eyes).

Just to be clear I said his plan didn't make sense, I only said it was idiotic when it got a bit bitchy on both sides, for that I
apologize.

Dry Clean.

You sir only like to do one thing. And thats to put people down. You enjoy telling people that their plans are stupid and flawed, you make assumptions about me and lee and others on this forum to publicise, pull apart and openly mock.

I have read through your historic posts they are all somewhat negative, insulting and frankly it shows unfortunately to me and others you are a very very unhappy individual.

I am not upset with you, i am not insulted by you. I care not what you think of me, what witty insults you can come up with. I find your posts sad, i feel sorry for you and those whom are connected to you.

I also concur with Lee i would also like to see you banned as you have nothing of actual importance or usefulness to add.
Tag team! Dry clean has given more positive advice on this forum than the two of you world beaters ever have!

Marc Stock

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 09:50:30 pm »
World beaters?

;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 09:58:21 pm »
Can't be doing with people so negative all the time, when someone is just trying to realistically better themselves and their business.  We need more people posting about their business plans for 2018, it's good motivation and encouragement for everybody on here is trying to progress year on year.

Someone put a poll up to get Dry Clean removed, il vote  ;D ;D ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
It’s just pixels on a screen chaps, and as adults we have this amazing ability to ignore...

If you have struggled to acquire said skill, then most forums have a function to help, it has been described as the ‘moron blocker’ on the dark side of the forum...

I think it’d be a boring place though if we all just agreed with each other...how would we learn if people didn’t have differing opinions...?

Anyway, that’s my one sensible and good will post of the year...you can all sod off now you bunch of mincers.

#Kumbayah my lord...Kumbayah#

Stoots

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 10:24:29 pm »

Easiest way, that's how I will do it.

Take on more and more till you cant catch up, employ someone,  rinse and repeat.

Have a constant marketing plan going on, canvasser, leaflets or whatever as long as it works

Dry Clean

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 11:05:58 pm »
I cant resist

apologize.

Dry Clean.

LOL, sounds like your upset to me, maybe we need a section for people who actually want to talk about running a business
warts and all, and another section for guys who just need a group hug.

Dry Clean

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:12 pm »
Can't be doing with people so negative all the time, when someone is just trying to realistically better themselves and their business.  We need more people posting about their business plans for 2018, it's good motivation and encouragement for everybody on here is trying to progress year on year.

Someone put a poll up to get Dry Clean removed, il vote  ;D ;D ;D

Do you actually read what people post ? there's a difference to somebody saying I want to do better next year and somebody
saying this is my business plan and if it doesn't work I'm throwing in the towel.
I think when it comes to major decisions its better to be honest with people than just telling them something for the sake
of being nice.