♠Winp®oClean♠

BACS payment..... how long?
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »
How long does a BACS payment normally take to show on your account?

If I was paid one last Friday night (2 days ago) would it show by now?

I always thought they were pretty instant?

Andy Leett

Re: BACS payment..... how long?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:44 pm »
3 working day's.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:50 pm »
Depends what bank, bacs is normally only used for regular payments. One offs usually just transfer in a few hours...

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:09:48 pm »
with bacs payments and the bank you are with, there can be varients on how long it takes to transfer, with mine Santander, any transfers under £300 normally take a few seconds but they can take upto 2 hours, but the may not show in your account until the next working day.

anything over this amount normally takes 3 working days, so if the transfer was on friday for more than £300 it willnot show until wednesday.

If you want a faster transfer for amounts over £300 then try CHAPS payments but this does cost you £20 to send

londoncleaners

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:22 pm »
Norm 5 working days to clear and show

king marko

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »
If I get a payment into my Barclays account it's usually instant

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »

Are you confusing a bank transfer (instant) to a bankers' Automated Clearing Services (Bacs) payment.  There is a difference.

I used to pay stuff out on Bacs in an old job.  Others used to set up the payments, I'd authorise and transmit them by computer, and they did take about three working days for the payment to hit the bank.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:35:42 pm »
Up to 3 working days, some banks transfer the same day

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 05:37:23 pm »
Thanks guys. ;)

Think Tosh has hit my nail on the head ;)

Cliff perkins

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:40:41 pm »
Mines usually instant
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

rah

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:22 pm »
I have some commercial customers who inform me that my bacs payment is about to be paid then conveniently forget to actually pay it.

king marko

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 08:45:02 pm »

Are you confusing a bank transfer (instant) to a bankers' Automated Clearing Services (Bacs) payment.  There is a difference.

I used to pay stuff out on Bacs in an old job.  Others used to set up the payments, I'd authorise and transmit them by computer, and they did take about three working days for the payment to hit the bank.
Yep you're right chap - got it wrong
Bank transfers are of course instant BACS is totally diff - usually 3 days in my experience - my old boss used to pay me on a wednesday and I'd see it clear on the fri

steve rix

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »

Are you confusing a bank transfer (instant) to a bankers' Automated Clearing Services (Bacs) payment.  There is a difference.

I used to pay stuff out on Bacs in an old job.  Others used to set up the payments, I'd authorise and transmit them by computer, and they did take about three working days for the payment to hit the bank.

100% correct as usual Tosh

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 03:14:21 pm »

100% correct as usual Tosh

I may put that in my sig!  ;D

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 03:21:01 pm »
Only big companies (I think) will have a Bacs facility.  And then the payments could even be centralised in some payment office; so you may clean a property in London, but the payment office could be in Glasgow.

So, the relevant paperwork has to be forwarded to the payment office, and then they won't make paying the window cleaner the No 1 priority; we're just in with the rest of the payments.  Some clerical type person will do the manual input for payment on computer, and then a manager type person will authorise the payments; there could be, for example, two hundred payments to make.

And then you've got to wait three days from when the Bacs payment was transmitted.

Problems could be paperwork getting lost or buried in a pile of other paperwork, payment staff on holiday, the person authorising the payments to be away, or have more pressing problems to deal with.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:50 pm »
Well-

It was paid Friday evening after close of business & it showed this morning before opening of business. So it took two none-working days. :)

g.brookes

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 07:03:49 pm »
I used to work in a bank and my girlfriend still does, and BACS as of this year has been gotten rid of (although many still use the work to refer to a bank transfer), by law the only payment method to be used now is 'faster payments' which has to take 2 working days or less. 

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 07:37:32 pm »
I know as of January this year all payments by tranfer have to be done on fastpay, speaking with banks all day today, they drive me nuts
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)