Mike_Boxall

New Glidex Squeegees
« on: September 10, 2004, 01:31:53 pm »
Has anyone seen and or used the new Glidex squeegees - if so, what are your thoughts?

Apparently, they were available at the Fed show (I didn't see them!). I've been sent a sample and there seems to be a couple of good features like reversible blades, an angled neck and the ability to change the angle of the blade.

does anyone have any other feedback?

Regards

Mike

Terry_Burrows

Re: New Glidex Squeegees
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 06:12:14 pm »
;) yes mike I did have a try at these,look good a bit
clumbersome ??? you know what its like to get window cleaners to change from old to new ??? not sure about these
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Old_Master

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 07:02:18 pm »
They visited me a couple of years ago to see if we were intersted in marketing themat that time they had just started the range in Australia.
The product is simular in appearance and quality to the Sorbo range which we already stocked in limited quantities, although I believe Sorbo has a far superior rubber- in fact I think the Sorbo rubber is probably the best available anywhere. The cost however puts off a lot of window cleaners.
Glyn
Omnipole

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 07:03:34 pm »
Yes, I have to say it feels heavy but I wondered what difference (if any) the profiled rubber makes.

I'm not familiar with Sorbo rubbers - do they have the same profile?

Old_Master

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 09:13:11 pm »
Sorbo rubbers have a twin profile and the channel has a tripple inlet so the rubber may be sloted in to  protrude more or if required less this aids when squeegeeing with a pole. The "floppy" setting makes it easier to blade closer down to the base of the glass when using a telescopic pole. The Sorbo squeegee was designed with pole use in mind.
Im not sure if any of the above makes sense, it may be one of those occasions when you need to use or observe the squeegee in use to get the idea.
Sorbo make the rubbers from pure rubber and do last longer than other brands.
http://www.sorboproducts.com/products.html
This might help explain better than I can.
Glyn

julian_d

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 01:51:58 pm »
We had a few samples sent to us, the squeegee seemed O.K. but a little on the heavy side, though this may just be down to personnal preference, the t bar and sleeve were nothing special  and the replacement rubbers were very expensive, so we decided not to stock at present, is there anyone out there using this kit????

Steve

Philip Hanson

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 05:35:13 pm »
I've been using one for a few days, it seems okay, bit heavy.

The red "metallic" finish looks very good, but as its painted I think the red colour will chip and peel in time, and then it will look very tatty.

The handle swivels, but I didnt find that it "locked" very well at the 90 degree setting.  One thing I do like is the way the channel is tapered at the glass edge, to make cornering easier.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

denzle

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 08:30:18 pm »
A good all round squeegee, a little heavy maybe but works very well.
Down side is the cost of replacement rubber.

Denzle

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 10:53:48 pm »
;)lets face it wc do not like to many changes,if it works,why replace it ???
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

matt

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 01:33:24 am »
this squeegee lark will never catch on  ;D ;D ;D