dazmond

Re: Getting rid of customers
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2023, 05:29:48 pm »
Her husbands died she’s having a bad time what an end to her life as you say,put the final nail in Daz by dropping her coz she’s old and never got any cash on her lol your all heart m8.

So what would you do?carry on cleaning her windows and not get paid?

I've already wrote one clean off....when a customer starts losing it I need to get rid.....

It's nothing to do with emotion it's a business decision
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 05:31:31 pm »
I've had to stop cleaning for an elderly customer recently.shes losing her mind now her husband's died,never got any money(or she doesn't know where it is)cards don't work and she can't remember her PIN number.....

Sad end to a long life...... :(

That’s the spirit Daz, nothing more than a headache those old ones  :o

I'm sure you d do the same....once they start getting  dementia its time to get rid

simon w

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2023, 05:42:04 pm »
I've had to stop cleaning for an elderly customer recently.shes losing her mind now her husband's died,never got any money(or she doesn't know where it is)cards don't work and she can't remember her PIN number.....

I'm sure you d do the same....once they start getting  dementia its time to get rid

Ask their relative to set up a standing order

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2023, 06:05:53 pm »

Ask their relative to set up a standing order
Never seen any family there.i think she ll be in a home soon.

NWH

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2023, 07:25:08 pm »
Better make sure you get what she owes you first Daz 🤣🤣🤣

DJW

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2023, 07:50:37 pm »
Dementia ones are the best! Sometimes I get paid three times!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2023, 10:15:19 pm »
Dementia ones are the best! Sometimes I get paid three times!

Not even in jest please.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

tlwcs

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2023, 06:35:40 am »

Dr. Dazmond?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2023, 07:41:02 am »
It's a tough call. But I err on the side of fair but firm.

I have/had recently a customer who has deteriorated.

Over the last year it's gone from taking five minutes to get the cheque book, write it slowly and incorrectly to ten minutes of rummaging to 'I don't have a cheque book or cash until my daughter gets me a new one.'

Last time I cleaned I said not to worry pay me next time. Let me write it down for you and you can get a cheque written for two lots next time.

I wrote it down and put it in an envelope for Mrs. H and family. It had contact details and bank details if she/they wanted to deal with it.

Went back 8 weeks later and nothing had been done. So I didn't clean and said that not to worry but as soon as I get a cheque or payment for the last clean I'll come and do your windows.

Either she hasn't told her family or they don't value my service to bother.

Either way I'm not going back. It was becoming that it would take half as long to get paid as it was to do the job.

It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2023, 08:42:45 am »
It's a tough call. But I err on the side of fair but firm.

I have/had recently a customer who has deteriorated.

Over the last year it's gone from taking five minutes to get the cheque book, write it slowly and incorrectly to ten minutes of rummaging to 'I don't have a cheque book or cash until my daughter gets me a new one.'

Last time I cleaned I said not to worry pay me next time. Let me write it down for you and you can get a cheque written for two lots next time.

I wrote it down and put it in an envelope for Mrs. H and family. It had contact details and bank details if she/they wanted to deal with it.

Went back 8 weeks later and nothing had been done. So I didn't clean and said that not to worry but as soon as I get a cheque or payment for the last clean I'll come and do your windows.

Either she hasn't told her family or they don't value my service to bother.

Either way I'm not going back. It was becoming that it would take half as long to get paid as it was to do the job.

Exactly......this has happened to me  at least  5 or 6 times over the years....

It's a business decision

If your not getting paid you d be a fool to carry on cleaning

james peters

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2023, 08:24:35 am »
yes... I  have had this also..... once it gets to that point . unless family pay....... its time to finish.
my father died from dementia, so I  am  well aware of the issues that come with it.

another thing to consider is money going missing etc...... we could easily get the blame.