Paul_Ashworth

Looks like Clean Assoc is finally launched ?
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:28:31 pm »
I have just been on the CCDO website and thought everybody would be intrested in this post which i have copied & pasted.

The principal aim of the C.L.E.A.N association is to raise awareness of the need for regular carpet and upholstery cleaning with the consumer.

The focus of the C.L.E.A.N association is and always will be the customer. We aim to increase the awareness on a national level via this website and our marketing plans for the future.

We will stress the need to employ a fully trained, professional cleaner and what benefits to the public and their premises regular cleaning brings. We will continue to strive and educate the customer that price is a clear indicator of the standard of work they can expect.

A huge proportion of the U.K. domestic market do not even consider cleaning their carpets and furnishings, and only a small proportion of the ones that do - have ever heard of organisations that currently represent our industry.

It is our main priority to change this.

Contrary to opinion, it will not cost vast amounts of money to start achieving these aims. We live in a digital age where information can be distributed cheaply across a massive audience. Gone are the days when fortunes had to be spent on traditional forms of advertising to get your message to the masses.

The Directors of C.L.E.A.N have many years of cleaning experience between them, together with technical expertise, marketing, sales, and internet skills; we feel that we have the ideal combination of abilities to drive the new association forward.
We feel the time is right for change.

We are not trying to replicate other current trade organisations. This is new territory and change will not happen overnight. However, if we can raise the awareness of just 1% of the public, it would make a huge difference to all cleaners and suppliers alike as we will be cleaning more carpets and ordering more products.

We invite applications for membership from interested parties. You will be expected to take and pass an entry training course, pay a membership fee and show proof of insurance, including treatment risk. Ongoing training courses will be provided, focusing on specific disciplines with the emphasis on practical teaching and real-world experience. A range of promotional items will be available to members to push awareness with your clients.

We aim to prove that this will not be just another badge for your collection. We will be actively sourcing commercial contracts on a national level, with our strength being that we can call on a network of trained, experienced, vetted, certified and trusted professionals. We have already secured one contract and we are certain more will follow.

It will not be simply a case of adding your name to a directory on a website and then waiting for the phone to ring. There is a common complaint amongst carpet cleaners that they don’t get any work from the organisations that they are members of - we aim to change this. Although we cannot make promises, we will be working hard to ensure that members benefit from their membership financially.

For an exciting opportunity to join CLEAN and become a founder member, more information can be found here: http://www.cleanassociation.org.uk/join.html

For anyone interested in this association, or if you simply wish to ask any questions then please send your enquiries here: info@cleanassociation.org.uk

Please note that any questions you have should be made via email or by phone. All of the appropriate contact details are on the C.L.E.A.N website http://www.cleanassociation.org.uk

I thank you for your interest in this announcement.

Darren O

Re: Looks like Clean Assoc is finally launched ?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »
You forgot to add its £200 for membership.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:40:43 pm »
why no dates of comming courses??
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:50:42 pm »
well ive just been on there and it looks like dates will be coming soon? so we'll have to wait and see i suppose?

blimey darren, you didnt expect it for free did you? get real  :D

Mark

p.s. hope this is good for the industry, it needs a bit of shake up. site looks pretty cool!

Darren O

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »
I think most people would like to no what its gonna cost them to join whats the problem with that.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
This is what you need if you want to be a pro Item number: 330402700373  :o ;D ;D

I PREDICT A RIOT LOL
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:15:41 pm »
i like the way the guy says that its a PRO machine and not like any of the hire machines - ER, it is a hire machine as its a Rug Doctor  ;D ;D

Like he says, its a bargain alright but for all the wrong reasons  :P

Mark

p.s. its on ebay by the way if no-one realised

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:53 pm »
Tiny things please tiny minds but that has made my day ;D ;D ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:38:59 pm »
Just out of interest could some one tell me why not one word about CLEAN has ever been mentioned on Cleantalk?

cleantalk is full of professional carpet cleaner who would jump at the chance to help push forward a organisation that is trying to raise the profile of carpet cleaning, not not one word has been mentioned of it or did I miss it

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:44:54 pm »
don't worry I've sorted it , just put up a post about it :)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 09:50:49 pm »
Can't get on Cleantalk, lost my pass word, can anyone tell me what my user name is?

Shaun

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »
Its   Shaun Ashmore, i forget my name too sometimes Shaun,
must be that glass of red wine you had  :)

Andrew

robert meldrum

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 09:59:21 pm »
looks like Shaun Ashmore.....................

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »
Fit everest ;D

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 10:08:17 pm »
All the best with the new venture.
I like the idea and it may take several years for it to have any real effect.
No doubt give it 6 months and the outside snipers will be around with exactly the same comments I had to suffer when a new organisation was set up for window cleaners.

I'm going to give this some serious thoughts.
One thing I would add is that to get maximum interest you're going to have to go on a nationwide roadshow as Stoke isn't to easy to get to for those in Scotland, North East, North West, South East and South West.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »
We could'nt agree more Neil and thats all in hand for those interested.

Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »
They don't want me :'( well it says that it doesn't recognise my email address.

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 11:23:37 pm »
In an old post both your e mail addresses are present.............send an e mail to J B and he'll sort it out

jasonl

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 06:13:35 am »
They don't want me :'( well it says that it doesn't recognise my email address.

Shaun

Same here re; email address,   Your name is Sheffield Shaun on Cleantalk
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

gwrightson

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 07:04:16 am »
So yet another training course!!

Or can c.c just take the exam? after all many on
here have passed exams been on numerous other courses etc.

Is the course compulsary?   How much more money do You want ?  Ongoing training!!!  more money, for who?

Alot of unanswered questions in my book.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha