Poll

With the election looming, have you decided who your going to give your vote??

Labour
19.8%
20 (19.8%)
Conservatives
44.6%
45 (44.6%)
Lib dems
13.9%
14 (13.9%)
other
5.9%
6 (5.9%)
wont vote
15.8%
16 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

John_Flynn

Re: General Election
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2005, 11:29:44 am »
If I expressed my honest beliefs here, or publicly, I would be accused of Racial Discrimination.

Only in the News last week a leader of one Political Party voiced his  opinions in public and now himself and the founder of that same Party have ended up in court!!!

What ever happened to Free Speach??

I get better looking each day!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2005, 07:47:28 pm »
Paul you think the unemployed our layabouts.
John Major and Norman Lamont thought it was a price well worth paying.

It was your taxes that had to pay for that.

Labour is often asked where does the money come from to pay for increase in Education Spending, More Police etc

The answer is from more people working and not being latabouts

I hope those of you who complain about foriegn workers do not employ them in your cleaning companies.

One of the biggest scandals in this country at the moment is the explotation opf Foriegn workers by Gangmasters.  Most of them are British although they might hide behind a Rusian front man

In 1990 many hard working small companies went to wall.

PRior to that many coal miners were made redundant and found it hard to find work. I think Paul is saying life is easy down the mine.

Ken has been selective in his interest rate figures. What about Black Monday.

You can tell what side I am on but as Karl pointed out to me once you just got to look on the internet.

Tony Blair servers excellent wine I also hope to drink some of Gordon Browns when he takes over.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2005, 08:19:18 pm »

PRior to that many coal miners were made redundant and found it hard to find work. I think Paul is saying life is easy down the mine.

Ian,

This is a rather unique exception, I appreciate that alot of good guys struggled to find work and I've no doubt they wanted too.
All the long term unemployed I have had the pleasure of meeting are either bone idle and content to sponge money from the state, or such low life there  unemployable :o
Maybe I'm a snob :)

Paul

Len Gribble

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2005, 08:27:24 pm »
Problems with Political Party be local or national, do I look good and give the relevant bull to get elected, ££££ in my bank, but are they patriots don’t think so!

Paul

Not a sob but a realist!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2005, 08:55:28 pm »
Hi Guys,

My twopenneth.

In the 70's Labour were an absolute disaster and the country really was going to the dogs.

I remember that when I started in industry that union activists were only interested in causing trouble ,were very negative and spoke left wing rubbish.

Maggie changed all that through years of struggle but as the Tories became more entrenched then corruption started to creep in , greed took over .

Ironically Ken Clarke was a good chancellor and had really got the economy going in the right direction when New Labour came to power.This is why our  Ken's figures show a steady mortgage rate as they leave off the Lamont years.

Traditionally Labour started destroying the economy from day one BUT in Gordon Brown they had a guy who understood economics.
His first masterstroke was to transfer setting of interest rates to the Bank of England , the markets were calmed , the pound remained steady.

His second masterstroke was to build slowly and steadily so that real improvement was made.

The danger for me is that another Labour term could see the continuation of thier gradual decline and corruption, but the Tories don't seem ready and the Lib Dems wouldn't have the quality.

I think the best result would be a small labour majority 20-30 seats with the Tories returning in 5 years time

As Karl Marks said 'power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' and he was right , look at Mugabe!

Cheers,

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 09:12:31 pm »
Mugabe is an anagram in Yorkshire for 'ebagum' touch ya belly touch ya bum!

Shaun

John_Flynn

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2005, 11:01:30 pm »
You still standing for the BNP, Shaun??

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2005, 07:31:23 am »
10 yrs ago i asked a respectable 50 yr old couple we know 5 questions with yes or no answers. The replies equated to agreeing with BNP policy.
You ask the same 5 questions today and most people will give the same answers.................. even if they would not agree with such policies or parties.
The parties we have had running this country have turned it into the dumping ground of Europe, and the laughing stock.
England will never become a nation of racial harmony and IMO, the most racially motivated people are the ones that originate from elsewhere  ???
My kids best friends are SriLankan and 2 fellas in  my quiz team are West Indian, so i am not a white hood wearing, cross burning racist. I am a realist and feel that the longer the immigration situation is left untouched, the sooner the majority of people in this country will start to feel the same. Many of the assylum scroungers/seekers came from countries of civil unrest and from wars between factions................ that could happen here eventually. ( I sympathise with assylum seekers but the fact that they travel through a minimum of 2/3 countries to get here make me put them in the scrounger bracket. Here is where they get easy passage to house, school, medical and more civil rights than the natives  :-X)
Rant over and now i go to work to raise some taxes for another assylum seekers hostel somewhere  ::)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2005, 09:44:15 am »
Chris,

Your spot on!! I'm not a racist at all and like you I know a few guys that are not british but niether are they scoungers. We need a government that accesses each immigrent regardless of how long they have been here, If they offer nothing to our economy, unskilled, dont even speak our language, etc then they should be sent packing.
We have enough lazy british people to support already!!

On that note :) why are the longterm unemployed not made to work for there benefits? similar to community service like litter clearing,etc. Give them x number of days for "holiday" where if they dont show up they loose a day, once they use it all and continue to not work then they are given nout or at best minimal benifits.
This will get them working and give us a better place to live ;D

Paul

dustycorner

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2005, 02:27:02 pm »
I think we should do what the germans are now doing with their long term unemployed. They can't claim benefit without doing some form of community service i.e. litter picking ,helping clear canals that sort of thing. We as a society have lost the work ethic get the lazy tossers off the dole and doing something productive for the benefit of the community.Secondly while i'm having a rant lets say enough is enough and do something about the way our youth are imperious to any form of authority, whew glad thats off my chest.

Cheers Mark.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 02:32:10 pm »
Here Here :) :) :)

We should form our own party, I'm sure we could but this country back on track ;D

So who wants to be leader???

Paul

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 02:58:06 pm »
LEN GRIBBLE FOR PRESIDENT  ;D

Derek

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2005, 06:37:31 pm »
The easy answer is...make everyone self employed...you don't work you don't eat!

How many days have you taken off sick recently?

Self employed people don't get sick, no benefits either

Derek

Karl Wildey

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2005, 06:47:23 pm »
Too right, I'm nursing a hernia op and 6 and half weeks later I am still waiting for my incap. benefitt to be paid. A huge £55.90 a week. To think of all the tax I have paid and I get £55.90, bloody cheek.

Len Gribble

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2005, 07:17:05 pm »
Cheers Steve for the nomination I except.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dustycorner

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2005, 08:24:13 pm »
Viva le revolution

John_Flynn

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2005, 10:38:54 pm »
Hey hang on a minute Len,  that nomination has NOT been seconded so you cannot accept.

But seen you are a Man of the World although you may be South of Watford Gap my mate Sheffield Shaun say your not a Bad Bloke.

Therefore I second your nomination for El President.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2005, 11:22:55 pm »
John you can be Chancellor, or do you want to be in control of foreign affairs :o

Chris Straker can be in charge of National Security.

Mike Haliday spin doctor.

John Bolton culture secretary.

Nick VW incharge of the NHS with his Alergy STOP

Steve Gunn could also be a chancellor because he's a bit Minty!!

Shaun

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2005, 07:01:07 am »
Thanks Shaun...........................I think  ???

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2005, 07:10:49 am »
Paul,

We are never going to agree politically but I can asure you it is not New Labour policy to encourage long term unemployment, scroungers etc.

There have been hit squads from the Dept of Employment actually hitting the streeys in areas of unemployment and forcing these people into training or work.

Single Mothers have also been encouraged to go back to work. Some might disagre.

People who claim to have a disability which was greatley encouraged under the Conservatives to keep unemloyment figures down are also encouraged to find work, or have to go through more stringent tests to prove their disability.

I agree there are some people who could do with a  long visit to a boot a camp, met a few last night while out canvassing.

I will certainly be feeding that into the Polcy Forums over the next year.

What really gets me about The Conservitives is they never aploigised for mass unemployment, record repossesins and record business bankruptcy.

As for MSa or what ever it is called it is being dealt with.

Only Key worrkers are given the right to stay long term.

We do need to look at Employment Agencies and Gangmasters who are allowed to bring people in on six month contracts. But if numbers were cut processing industry and farmers would not be very happy. And all those people with million pound property potfolos who let out their houses, which are often overcrowded, and have multiple bed occupancy throughout the day.