Andrew Briscoe

Re: TM v portable
« Reply #200 on: January 01, 2012, 04:21:35 pm »
TM one pass clean, simples ;D

My system cost new (everything including van) £40k

Bought second hand after 4 years with 1,200hrs for £15K

Still running perfectly after 8 years of service (2200hrs) and could sell easily for £5k

Some will say, It hardly gets used.... this is true, as a typical day due to it's top notch efficiency, it only run's for an hour or two, doing 2 or 3 jobs a day and uses £3 something per hour on diesel.

I also have to use LM, Porty ect...but my TM pulls rank on these methods every-time!!

I agree with Jim and Mike and I too have trouble understanding Ian's posts, surely the name of the game is to say," yes I can do that for you" (the customer) and charge enough to make a good profit out of each job regardless of how you do it.

Graeme

Similar to what i got, for 20k i got a Mercedes Sprinter 06 with 23k miles on clock,
fully kitted out at Hydramaster by first owner, with a 470 Maxx turbo diesel, with only 62 hours on the clock, fully lined out, with astro turf, HM shelving, various chemicals, 1 wand with a green glide and a stair tool, and an un-used drimaster 2 which i sold to Billy.

Not ran it for a year yet, used scorpion once in that time, dont have access or parking problems, as there is always a way around it, even blocked roads off in quiet areas, and park on double yellows with sign up saying emegancy flood work !!!

Unbelievable power compared to a tripple vac, yes a porty can do same job eventually, but nowhere near the drying times or flushing capabillities.

With regular oil filter changes etc i hope to run it for 20 years, fuel wise i dont know what it costs, my farmer friend supplies me with red diesel as i need it and i clean al his cpts, suites etc as required, even for his staff and family houses, easier than forking out cash !!

Andrew

graeme marchbank

Re: TM v portable
« Reply #201 on: January 01, 2012, 09:17:27 pm »
Hi Andrew,

Me to, so many extras to mention including; x4 fans, porty. DM1, RX20, Rotovac, wands & hoses, wet vac, Rotary, bonnets and pads, ladders, heaters, hose ramps, Gloria sprayers, Hydrafoce, water claw, shelving and chemicals, the list goes on and on...(a bit like me) Not to mention taking all the goodwill customers too... ;D

Got offered a "turn key" outfit in a transit van recently, a Blazer with all the bits you need to get going for about four grand, okay it was an 06 Tranny with 100k on the clock and the Blazer had been to the moon and back (fitted with a new engine recently) all one owner from new, the van had to be worth that alone.. ::)

Graeme
Keep on trucking.........