Tony Rowley

Re: Couple of questions for Derek West
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:30 am »
Helen

I did approach TACCA directly and have a reply email.

Derek used this forum to promote membership of TACCA so surely its fair and reasonable to answer questions asked on this forum?

I thought the questions I asked were fair and reasonable, and without malice but he has failed to answer them.

Tony

Helen

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »
Helen

I did approach TACCA directly and have a reply email.

Did this not suffice then? If not again why didn't you contact Tacca again? Maybe you did, but remember this has been set up by someone who is working full time and even Tacca authorities are allowed a little time off ;D ;D (tongue in cheek comment before anyone starts) ;D

Derek used this forum to promote membership of TACCA so surely its fair and reasonable to answer questions asked on this forum?
To some point yes, but we are all different so will do things different ways, personally had I applied for an organisation through it's own website and not received satisfactory answers, I would have continued to contact them through that website and not on a forum associated loosley with that organisation......hey but's that me

I thought the questions I asked were fair and reasonable, and without malice but he has failed to answer them.
Maybe they were fair & reasonable etc in your eyes, only you will know that as it is your situation :)
Tony

Simon Moat

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 12:11:22 pm »
I wish TACCA every success, however where I think it will ultimately fall down is when it comes to the question of money.

At the moment membership is free, so how is finance going to be raised to promote TACCA and it's members?

If a membership fee is introduced how much do you think will be needed to launch a Nationwide campaign (given that members are from throughout the UK), would 100 members be willing to put £1000 in each to even scratch the surface?

Unlikely in my opinion.

derek west

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 12:37:39 pm »
tony
you have mail.

Helen

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 12:50:59 pm »
I wish TACCA every success, however where I think it will ultimately fall down is when it comes to the question of money.

At the moment membership is free, so how is finance going to be raised to promote TACCA and it's members?

If a membership fee is introduced how much do you think will be needed to launch a Nationwide campaign (given that members are from throughout the UK), would 100 members be willing to put £1000 in each to even scratch the surface?

Unlikely in my opinion.

Unfortunately Simon you are spot on....
Having sat and watched from the sidelines, my other half and others dedicated to improving the image and so on of the window cleaning industry, many were interested to join, until they had to spend out what was relatively a small amount of money to join. The work behind the scenes put into forming an organisation is much more than most realise and most times funded by the organisers out of their own pockets, be it money, time and effort.
I hope Tacca does survive and do well, but as I already mentioned Derek must know he has a long climb uphill :)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »
tony
you have mail.

Now go back to your own work Derek and feed them kids,
Rome wasnt built in a day, and neither will TACCA.
Like anything new will take a lot of time, and all those involved and in favour of the association should steadily get through what is required.

I have joined and i am not on any committee, i just want more public awareness of the carpet cleaning industry. I had some problems filling in the form, but a polite message to Derek, and a simple answer back soon sorted it.

Oh yes Tacca is free, so if you aint happy you aint lost much.

Andrew

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 02:54:52 pm »
MUCK SPREADERS as part of the criteria to join REALLY  lol  ;D ;D

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
MUCK SPREADERS as part of the criteria to join REALLY  lol  ;D ;D

Tony

I think they should let him in, he's doing plenty of muck spreading.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

gwrightson

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »
some people on here appear to be comparing tacca to the ncca, why ? is beyond me, ncca do alot more that just have a directory of c/cleaners which imho is what tacca seems to be!!

iicrc have not been mentioned i see, and the criteria for the iicrc is a little more technical than the ncca and is a internationaly recognised  organisation , both have on going training and advaced courses available ,and i believe that some carpet manufatures will not stand the warranty unless it has been cleaned by a technition passing iicrc exams :-\   

Now what i am trying to get my head round is ,does tacca run training courses or will it be ? or does the fact a cleaner has passsed exams with other groups count ?  Having taken iicrc and ncca exams in c/c and advanced stain removal etc etc and yet not own a rotary  would i be refused ? even though i been in the trade a few years now, have a t/m 2 porty, and a low moisture system .

I,m confused !!!!

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jim_77

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 06:14:46 pm »
Tony keep your knickers on  :-*  :-*

How do you take my comments as a personal attack on you?  Where did I say that YOU do a crap job?

I was simply pointing out that a rotary machine is an essential piece of carpet cleaning equipment.  If a carpet cleaner hasn't got one, at various points in their day to day cleaning over a wide range of situations they WILL be under-equipped.  Fact.

Hence why TACCA consider it to be part of the criteria.

Tony Rowley

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »
Sorry to be brutally honest but if you can't be arsed to spend several hundred quid on a rotary machine, who's to say that you can be arsed to do a proper job cleaning carpets?

That bit Jim.

Tony

Billy Russell

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 06:47:06 pm »
Better than eastenders this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

I think helen has summed it up for me!!!

Thank you Helen , you saved me typing all that!!!!  ;D

i have got some veiws on the subject, but i really hate typing long posts!  ;D but if anybody wants to know them your more than welcome to give me a call 07538 089693, or pop to my unit for a brew and a chat!!!! Address on the website!!! perhaps i should get myself a PA to write my posts!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Paul Heath

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »
Billy if i pop in i will bring me ironing... ;) ;D ;D

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
lol  ;D
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Billy Russell

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »
Tony, please do not encourage Paul, he doesn't need any!!!!  ;D

Paul,  You can bring a basket or 2 if you like!!!  I'll knock out a basket in 2 mins no problem!!!!!!  Please have a look at one of my training slides below!!!! ;D ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »
I have a rotary and an OP machine. Haven't used either for months and months... (Not since I started agitating with a Host CRB) They do come in useful for drying clothes on I suppose.... ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:37:44 pm »
I heard that everyone has to take their glides off.  :D 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Jim_77

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:09 pm »
Tony, the words "who's to say" and the QUESTION MARK at the end make it mean something different to how you've interpreted it.

One last time... TACCA has obviously set requirements to own certain core pieces of equipment because it means you're fully armed to deal with pretty much any carpet cleaning situation.  If you don't own a piece of essential equipment it raises the question of how seriously you take your business.  Sure, you can survive without a rotary a lot of the time but at some point you will NEED one to get a job done properly.  Like it or not, that's the whole point of it.

Helen

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »
Better than eastenders this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

I think helen has summed it up for me!!!

Thank you Helen , you saved me typing all that!!!!  ;D

i have got some veiws on the subject, but i really hate typing long posts!  ;D but if anybody wants to know them your more than welcome to give me a call 07538 089693, or pop to my unit for a brew and a chat!!!! Address on the website!!! perhaps i should get myself a PA to write my posts!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Put it all in an e-mail for me Billy, send it to me and I will type it out for you ;D ;D ;D My PA rates are very reasonable, a bunch of flowers and a pizza will suffice ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »
Tony, the words "who's to say" and the QUESTION MARK at the end make it mean something different to how you've interpreted it.

One last time... TACCA has obviously set requirements to own certain core pieces of equipment because it means you're fully armed to deal with pretty much any carpet cleaning situation.  If you don't own a piece of essential equipment it raises the question of how seriously you take your business.  Sure, you can survive without a rotary a lot of the time but at some point you will NEED one to get a job done properly.  Like it or not, that's the whole point of it.

At the end of the day it is our own beautiful british language that causes the problems....
You as in you "personally"
You as in "general" not directed at particular persons.
You as in female sheep ;D ;D ;D