tonyoliver

dumped?
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:56:31 pm »
provided we are still doing well  and making money

WILL YOU TAKE BACK ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO DUMPED YOU
in the  great ressesion of 2008  to 2010
or will you tell thir slot has been taken by someone more worthy of your attentions?

wezzy32

Re: dumped?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:10:41 pm »
tak them bk and add on few quid
keep on smiling

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:12:50 pm »
Every body has their own opinion, but you have to remember that we are a service.  If you had sky and canceled it for a few months as a cut back you'd be mighty offended if they then turned round and said, "stuff you, you dumped us we don't need your business".

If they had been awkward customers before then that is a different matter.  And as always if a customer comes back they come back to the newer higher price.

Simon.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:36 pm »
depends on whether you need the work or not. no point letting principals stopping you earning. principals are for when you have a full round

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:23 pm »
Depends on why they dumped you.  They may have made a mistake, We all make mistakes dont we guys?  If they take you back, must be because they realise they have made the mistake and have leant their lesson. 

They come back for a reason. Think they would then be one of your best customers there on in.

But I guess not all stories end this way
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

ccmids

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:37:27 am »
tak them bk and add on few quid

same here.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:40:10 am »
will take them back apart from the ones with daft excuses like leave them till after winter when i know someone has lost there job, but i will charge extra

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 08:04:42 am »
provided we are still doing well  and making money

WILL YOU TAKE BACK ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO DUMPED YOU
in the  great ressesion of 2008  to 2010
or will you tell thir slot has been taken by someone more worthy of your attentions?

It really does depend on why it happened and what sort of customers they were beforehand.
If they were habitual messers, then I wouldn't take them back - even for a higher rate.
If they were fairly OK and didn't say why they were cancelling, I would probably start supplying the service again - with T & Cs and with a price increase (probably).
If they were fine and lost their jobs, have now found new work etc., then no problem at all.  I've had this happen a few times down the years.  It would be unreasonable of me to expect to continue providing the service if they were unemployed.  Good customers are no more immune from becoming unemployed than anyone else.

We're not talking about a love affair.  We're talking about a window cleaning service   ;D

jonnyald

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:18:45 am »
iv only been in this game 2 years  but  a true messer and a  hard-times messer is easy to tell apart .

with a true messer i  never backtrack and firmly tell them im just toooobusy love

theres a big trad firm aroun where i work with6 vans or so and i know 2 of the lads. ive picked up a few tips from them   on how its done. their policy is to drop at first sign of messing and make immediate effort to find a newbie to fill in the empty box on their chart.

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:30 am »
I always used to think once a messer always a messer. However, in general I never get asked to take any of my ex customers back.

daz1977

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:46:40 am »
i got an old women who messes me around and wants it done when she wants it done,  i would dumped her but i do her 2 daughters and a granddaughter in the same street, so i just keep smiling, and fit it in when i can

Jackal

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 10:03:59 am »
when i first took my new round on i spoke to a customer who still wanted them cleaned but think husband said tell him dont bother and im glad as now i realised it was under priced compared to the other houses in the street so im hoping 1 day when they notice there windows are dirty they will want my service again so cant wait price that up and see there face,there aint no other w/c in the street

dai

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:02 am »
I had a customer dump me for two young trad guys who were undercutting.
The next month she asked me to do her windows again as these guys did a poor job.
I took her back there and then at the old price.
1] she had learned her lesson.
2] her bad mouthing the other guys to her neighbours can only be good for me.
A lot depends on their reason for cancelling you in the first place, I have had some cancel because of their financial position, only to call me later when things improved.
If I never liked them, they are gone for ever,
If I did, then it depends on circumstances.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 06:31:35 pm »
just depends why they changed most times its penny pinching as usual but me personaly would not go back to them they will do iit again the next bloke turns up i would also avoid custies who slag off there previous wclener ad a turd like that  ;D so i slag him off to other wcleaners i area they dow mess wif my business mates

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »
as log as they dont owe me money ill take them back

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:59:17 am »
A lot of people are finding things hard at the moment. If they say so then I have no problem with that. We have all got experience of being skint so can relate very well.

Its when they start making silly excuses or getting difficult, thats when I lose patience with them.

ian1972

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 04:14:55 pm »
your running a business you take them back

tompoole

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 04:21:38 pm »
Take them back, unless it was a bad payer

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35:50 pm »

Unless somebody has really p1$$ed me off I always take back, but they are treated as 2nd class customers until my confidence is restored in them...usual takes 3 cleans with no mishaps. The mishaps:  not today, or no money can I pay later, or sorry I forgot you were coming, or but it's going to rain etc etc ::)

Any of above malarky then off my books for all eternity  ;D

dave f

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 05:38:15 pm »
 had custy wanting to change from 2weekly clean to amonthly clean when i told her  it would be a diferant price she umed and rd, i waited for a responce then dumped her politly i cant do wi indecisive custies especialy when you have gone into  the way you work she expected it to be the same price  :-X