tonyoliver

money saving expert says ditch window cleaner to save.... New
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:58:03 pm »
lost eleven custys  in  one today flimsy reasons nothing i can put finger to until
a friend said on tv a money saving experts sugested to cancel the wc will save 120.00 a year get fit  girlfriend and do them your self a win win he said

what would you do if you met her?

ccmids

Re: money saving expert says ditch window cleaner to save....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:14 pm »
what program

martinsadie

Re: money saving expert says ditch window cleaner to save.... New
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
lost eleven custys  in  one today flimsy reasons nothing i can put finger to until
a friend said on tv a money saving experts sugested to cancel the wc will save 120.00 a year get fit  girlfriend and do them your self a win win he said

what would you do if you met her?
it is a way of saving money,you can still see out of dirty windows,be nice to them when they cancel and when they are better off they will come back,i havnt worked for 4 weeks so i wouldnt have a problem laying my window cleaner off if i had one  ;D

R W C™

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »
what programme was that

tacky

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 09:33:11 pm »
i hope they all fall off their ladders .
   and then sue the twat

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:29:57 pm »
Better idea would be to throw the TV away and

1 - save the licence fee

2 - have four extra hours a day to do interesting things instead of watching crap like that!

I haven't had a TV since 1976. Thank God, I've never seen Eastenders!!!!

eddie d

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 12:04:54 am »
11 is a big hit.
just get out there and knock some more up.

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 02:05:08 am »
Better idea would be to throw the TV away and

1 - save the licence fee

2 - have four extra hours a day to do interesting things instead of watching crap like that!

Wally I agree with 1, but ,missing Eastenders your off your rocker  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

lee_dewing

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 11:25:28 am »
So get rid of window cleaner,

If custy doesn't have ladder buy one and cleaning equipment got to come to arond £100

save £20 then and if your not competant on ladders risk serious injury or death.

;) great tip or spend £1500 + on wfp small setup to do windows.

I think people like like clean windows will pay for window cleaner.

The only real alternative is leave em.

I know you can wash your own car or mow your own lawn.

But do your own windows, another story.
having said that, i know it's not essential that you have your own windows cleaned.

all you can do is sell your service to those that want it and not worry about those that don't ;)

sorry to hear you lost 11 custy's mate probably like everyone your 3-4 weeks behind, it'l take you til spring to catch up hope you claw some back then or canvass then for more.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Dean Taberner

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 02:17:05 pm »

Seriously?
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 03:15:06 pm »
Yes, seriously.

When I was 24 (in 1976), my TV broke down and I couldn't afford to have it repaired straight away. I left it for a week, and it was the best week of my young life! I did more and had more fun. So I just threw it away and lived TV-free.

Now miss out lots of years.

I had kids. I'd thought about getting a TV. Then someone asked me, "Who do you want to bring up your kids? Is it you or the TV?"

The answer was clear. I wanted my kids to get their ideas of right and wrong, truth and justice, honesty, decency, integrity etc from me. Not from some self-centred acerbic comedian or a professional wooftah like Alan Carr.

(Ask yourself these questions:

1 - How many hours do you spend in real, meaningful and loving conversation with your kids on the average day?

2 - How many hours do your kids spend watching constructive and edifying educational TV on the average day?

3 - How many hours do your kids spend watching utterly demeaning tripe and drivel on the average day?)

I spend loads of time with my kids. We talk about all sorts of things. My boys are growing up to be wonderful young men with a real commitment to doing the best for themselves and living a good, honest and wholesome life.

And what more could any man wish for his boys?

I did have a TV for a couple of years when I lived in Tunisia. The reason was that there is an Arabic version of Sesame Street called "Iftah ya Simsim." I learned loads of Arabic from that!!!! I could also watch Egyptian films with English subtitles and I learned "street" language from them.

Sorry to rant. I feel passionately about the evil of TV. It steals useful time from adults - time that could be spent in really living an enjoyable and fulfilled life. And it gives children a completely distorted view of the world and how to behave to be an upright and decent citizen.

And TV gives a platform to idiots who recommend people ditch their window cleaner. Just how stupid is that?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »
WTWW - have you cultural/religious reasons for ditching the "idiot's lantern"?

I think so much of what you say "rings true" - I just haven't got the nerve (with my kids) or self-control (me) to go "cold-turkey". We don't watch "Corrie-gated" or "Eastbenders" either - it's not a rule in our house but we have all chosen not to.

We have decided to "not watch" on Thursday evenings and we'll see how that pans out before possibly extending it.

Alan Carr - "professional wooftah!" -  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moneysavingexpert - People who know the cost of everything usually know the value of nothing IME. It's for simpleton's who haven't got much commonsense.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 04:22:04 pm »

No. Nothing beyond what I said. I think that it's a complete and utter waste of time for adults and I believe that it is an utterly evil and destructive influence on children.

My kids love not having TV. They mock their TV-addicted friends. And they have told me: "Kids brought up by parents are great. Kids brought up by TV are morons."

By that, they mean that kids whose parents spend lots of quality time doing and talking are the happiest and best fun kids in school. Kids whose parents just sit them in front of the TV are uninteresting and moronic - they can't talk about anything but TV.

Seriously. We are all decent, hard-working types on here. Switch off the TV and do and talk with your kids. Teach them the true value of friends, family and fun - with a bit of work thrown in to keep your life together. Teach them creativity with hobbies and making stuff. Take them for a walk in the park and get them to sit still and silent for two minutes and then tell you what they see and hear. You and they will be amazed.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 04:24:04 pm »
Interesting WWTW - so what do you do "on these long dark wintry evenings"  ;D - seriously.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 04:31:18 pm »
Seriously?

Long winter's evenings?

The truth?

I waste my life sitting in front of a computer on CIU.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »
Seriously?

Long winter's evenings?

The truth?

I waste my life sitting in front of a computer on CIU.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;D ;D ;D - and me!

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 05:29:22 pm »
£120 ? Based on an 'every 4 weeks' clean that is £9.23 per clean  ;D

wizard

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »
II once spent a lot of money going to a business development course. The and the long and short of it was. If you want to suck seed in Business stay away from all media and it is just doom and gloom sold you by misery merchants.

aallshine

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 08:22:09 pm »
who cares?...

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:19 pm »

No. Nothing beyond what I said. I think that it's a complete and utter waste of time for adults and I believe that it is an utterly evil and destructive influence on children.

My kids love not having TV. They mock their TV-addicted friends. And they have told me: "Kids brought up by parents are great. Kids brought up by TV are morons."

By that, they mean that kids whose parents spend lots of quality time doing and talking are the happiest and best fun kids in school. Kids whose parents just sit them in front of the TV are uninteresting and moronic - they can't talk about anything but TV.

Seriously. We are all decent, hard-working types on here. Switch off the TV and do and talk with your kids. Teach them the true value of friends, family and fun - with a bit of work thrown in to keep your life together. Teach them creativity with hobbies and making stuff. Take them for a walk in the park and get them to sit still and silent for two minutes and then tell you what they see and hear. You and they will be amazed.

In 1991 my flat was burgled and among other things, the TV went AWOL.  When ythe insurance money came through, I replaced some of the other bits (still got the stereo now) but banked the rest of the money as I was just starting out getting my W/C round together.  I did without a TV for 5 years and the only thing I missed was the occasional football match.  My sister used to get a visit when certain games were on  :)  .  It didn't stop the TV licensing people hassling me though.  The exchanges got more impolite as the years went by.