tonyoliver

self cleaning custys
« on: May 25, 2009, 03:22:29 pm »
has any one ever caught the custys cleaning thir own windows with a hose or mr muscle ect then blamed you if that they havent come up well  when you called.
i  had a couple of complaints recently one said "after you called i had to go out with a bucket and soapy water and re clean them myself "  ??? no wonder the wfp wasnt working !!!!! ??? ??? another admited to save  money they cleaned them in between my calls  and said the wfp is pants after giving me  lots of headaches over is my system working or not......
after each of these complaints i took the system to bits changed filters cleaned everything  brushes ect ect nothing wrong 0tds ect ect i rechecked the jobs and hey the ones they could reach pants the ones they could not get to  perfect  :) :) :) :)  :)any one else had this

Re: self cleaning custys
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 04:21:18 pm »
I had one customer clean their own windows a couple of days BEFORE I was due, her reason, "I didn't want them to be dirty for you when you called"

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »
Tell them when you start not to clean the windows with anything except water and a clean lint free cloth. Otherwise the finish after you leave would not be a good and will make their windows worse!

It shouldn't be dirty enough for them to warrant cleaning it themselves using wfp unless they live on a main road, a busy bus route, under air paths or its been over 8 weeks.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 06:01:21 pm »
Tell them when you start not to clean the windows with anything except water and a clean lint free cloth. Otherwise the finish after you leave would not be a good and will make their windows worse!

It shouldn't be dirty enough for them to warrant cleaning it themselves using wfp unless they live on a main road, a busy bus route, under air paths or its been over 8 weeks.

Or a flight of seagulls "drop a few" the day after you've cleaned!
It's a game of three halves!

stephen s

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 06:11:56 pm »
I had one customer clean their own windows a couple of days BEFORE I was due, her reason, "I didn't want them to be dirty for you when you called"

ask her if she wants to come and work for me  ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »
I've had a few where the water starts to bubble when rinsing and positivley froths on the frames.  :o you know straight away something is up.

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 10:03:48 pm »

Or a flight of seagulls "drop a few" the day after you've cleaned!

boil the kettle allow to cool for five mins and pour, watch it melt away.

exactly ftp its so obvious..

NWH

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:48:57 pm »
Don`t ask me why since going WFP 99% less bird mess on each visit.

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:30:03 pm »
What I have had on numerous occasions is customers cleaning the insides as I'm working.  Often it turns out that we are both cleaning the same window, me the outside and the customer the inside.  I find this to be a bit awkward but what can you do? 

lee_dewing

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:05 pm »
I have a neighbour of a custy starts cleaning her windows when she see's me :D

Also when i first went wfp i got the run around; one custy told me her hubby had ump with me as i'd done a poor job smears etc.

RE-done free of charge said they should of called me straight away if there was a problem!

after i'd re done i re-turned later as i knew custy was out got ladders off all window were tip top, silly c0w had done insides herself or himself looked terrible insect droppings smears on inside!

Never returned, custy left few messages on my mobile just blanked them ;D

I no another w/c who took them on just after me ladders then he swapped to wfp, he dropped custy shortly after.

Had an old boy who i'd cleaned a couple of years ladders,
swapped to wfp, he then cancelled as he said i was blocking his drains up ???
 ;D

Lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

johnny_h

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 08:59:17 pm »
had an old girl tell me im rubbish the down stairs look awful the tops are ok ... so off comes the ladders on the tops all i found were 2 spots on the bathroom window but the bottoms were smeared ... when questioned she admitted her and the daughter would go out and dry them with tea towels when i had gone  >:( ive not bothered since
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »
I had a custy moan about it, turned out she was rubbing them with a smelly old soapy Jay cloth